Thread: Question for Nukecad

Question for Nukecad

Hi Nukecad
    I’m on ESA IR, SG and have been since 2013. (Also on DLA HRM,HRC and just started PIP process having sent my form back last week still waiting to hear back).

What is the timescale for being migrated to UC?

Many thanks.

Nobody can say with any certainty.

Managed Migration started in July with a Pilot scheme of 10,000 claimants in Harrogate. (and it may be expanded to other areas because it's believed that there won't be 10,000 in Harrogate).

Strangely this is being done as a 'voluntary' Managed Migration, they ask if you want to migrate now under full Managed Migration rules, and you can refuse and stay on your current benefits for now.
    They are also giving extra help (and payments) and relaxing the normal timescales for those who do volunteer.
    So it's not exactly testing what the full migration system will be like.

Provision 2 of the Managed Migration legislation that they forced through (without a vote) only allows an initial 10,000 to be Managed Mmigrated.
    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...ulation/2/made

That pilot is supposed to last up to 12 months and then they will 'evaluate' it before passing another law to start migrating everyone else.
    If they try again to force that one through without having a vote in parliament then expect an uproar.

The current plan is to start Managed Migration for everybody on existing IR benefits in November 2020, and to have all Managed Migrations completed by the end of 2023.
    (I'm just of to take my flying pigs for some excercise).
    Last edited by nukecad; 09-09-2019 at 01:41 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks so much for explaining Nukecad.
    So much chopping and changing with these benefits.
    I’ll let you know the outcome of PIP and hopefully UC won’t be anytime soon!

Given how long it took to get everyone from IB to ESA, there is no way I think they will complete this by 2023. But its a wait and see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by worried33 View Post
    Given how long it took to get everyone from IB to ESA, there is no way I think they will complete this by 2023. But its a wait and see I guess.
    You raise a good point and yes I agree with you on that one. I went from I.B to ESA in 2013. Luckily I had a paper based assessment but it was stressful nevertheless with almost every news article being about ESA.

Quote Originally Posted by worried33 View Post
    Given how long it took to get everyone from IB to ESA, there is no way I think they will complete this by 2023.
    Hence my comment about flying pigs.

PS. There are still people waiting to migrate from IB/IS to ESA, and there is provision in the UC migration rules to migrate from IB/IS straight to UC - so they don't expect them all to be done even before that starts.
    Last edited by nukecad; 09-18-2019 at 11:27 AM.

That sounds absolutely crazy, logically they should be done by now, so I am thinking they must be hard cases or something that is making them avoid those people.

I'm not sure of the actual numbers left to do, but the latest WCA statistics published this month says:
    all IB claimants will eventually be reassessed for ESA or Universal Credit
    IB reassessments are now 99.8% complete.
    For assessments completed in the latest quarter to March 2019, 18% were initial ESA claims, 82% were ESA repeat assessments and less than 1% were IB reassessments.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/statis...september-2019
    At the moment those will all be reassessments for IB to ESA. (Although they could do IB to UC in the Managed Migration Pilot area).

I thought they stopped IB reassessments.

When ESA got rolled out I had one last IB50, they paper assessed me without any evidence sent with form which I thought was unusual. Then I heard absolutely nothing for over 4 years which was then an ESA50 for migration.

This whole thing gets weirder and weirder.