Thread: Lcwra advance payment

Lcwra advance payment

I have an advance payment deffered for 3 months and a budgeting advance deffered for 6 months.
    I am only get personal allowance of 317 a month at the min.
    I was awarded LCWRA last week. As there is a change of of circumstances can I ask for an additional advance?

You can ask for anything you want to.

But with 2 loans already outstanding, and not being repaid yet, then I doubt the answer would be favourable. (But you never know with UC).
    The repayment amounts/period may go over what is allowed.

Loans and overpayments are only deducted/paid back from the Personal Allowance, so getting LCWRA will make no difference.
    Last edited by nukecad; 09-10-2019 at 02:01 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

OK thank you.. I was thinking it might be change of circumstances as money was going up so they might approve one

Like I say you never know with UC what they will decide at any particular time.

It may be that, for this month, they are being sensitive about people with disabilities being left destitute.

Or it may be that, for this month, they are being sensitive about fraudulent advance payments being made.
    (Not that I'm saying yours would be, but it's a big problem for them at the moment. They relaxed the rules to make advance payments easier to get and then got a rash of fraudulent claims).

You can give it a go, always remembering that you will have to pay the money back, it's a loan - That is going to reduce your ongoing monthly payments by 30% or 40% of the PA for quite a while once you do start paying it back.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

i think once you have recieved your first UC payment there are very few situations in which you can apply for a budgeting loan , after all £319 is what all UC claiments have to live on ..