Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESA50 Form received today

Leo12, sorry for the delay.

Please click on this for instructions on how to start your own threads:
    How to start a new thread.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Hi nukecad and everyone else.

Just to update it has been five weeks now since I submitted my daughter’s ESA50 reassessment claim form but I have not heard anything back from DWP but I know they have received the form as I sent it via Royal Mail Signed For service.

Is this normal?

Also, interestly, she was going to have a PIP review sometime next Feb/March BUT I received a letter recently saying that they have reviewed he PIP and have awarded her Enhanced rate again for both components and will not review her again until 2029 which is good news.

You could ring CHDA (not the DWP) and ask them what is happening with the ESA50.

As for the PIP we have seen a few of these review decisions recently.

They announced it last year:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/g...lth-conditions

Of course even then they did it wrong and following court judgements they are having to review some cases yet again.
    https://www.disabilitynewsservice.co...-in-two-years/

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    As things stand they will always call everyone to a face to face interview.

Then once they send you an appointment date you have to tell them, with doctors evidence, why that is not going to happen.

It's not right but that's the way it is.

When they send an appointment at one of their centres you need to reply that your daughter needs a paper based assessment ( or a home assessmen) under the provisions of-

"The Equalities Act 2010"

Quote that act, it usually does the job.
    That's not what happened with me they never gave me an appointment for a f2f they just gave me a paperbased assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby123 View Post
    That's not what happened with me they never gave me an appointment for a f2f they just gave me a paperbased assessment.
    Certain claimants who have a 'flag' on their claim at the DWP will not be called to a f2f appointment.

If it's clear from your ESA50 that you qualify for SG then you will not be called for to f2f appointment.

In the post that you quote - the "As things stand" was meant to convey that the information was specific to this particular question and particular circumstances.
    (Accepted that I could have said 'In these circumstances...' instead).

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    As things stand they will always call everyone to a face to face interview.

Then once they send you an appointment date you have to tell them, with doctors evidence, why that is not going to happen.

It's not right but that's the way it is.

When they send an appointment at one of their centres you need to reply that your daughter needs a paper based assessment ( or a home assessmen) under the provisions of-

"The Equalities Act 2010"

Quote that act, it usually does the job.

Hi, can I ask the correct process to do this

I've also had my ESA50. Last time I had to go all the way to tribunal.
    My gp is happy to complete the form to say I can't attend a f2f this time as I am much worse 2 years on.

Do I put that into the ESA 50 saying that and giving them my gp's contact info, or do you have to wait for them to send an interview date and then say this? And do you say it to Atos or the DWP?

Thanks. . .

It tells you on page 19 of the ESA50 :
    You must let the Health Assessment Advisory Service know as soon as you get your appointment letter if you need:

• a home visit. You will be asked for information from your medical professional to explain why you are not able to travel to an assessment centre
    So you wait until they send you an appointment date for a F2F and THEN ask for a Home Assessment.
    It's CHDA that you contact not the DWP.

Do not expect them to contact your GP for you, they won't - It is up to you to provide the GP's evidence saying that you are unable to attend.
    (There is no specific form for this, the GP must write a letter giving their opinion of why you are unable to attend the assessment centre).

PS. ATOS have not done WCA's for years; they are now all done by CHDA (Maximus).
    ATOS still do PIP assessments in some areas.