Thread: Esa decision waiting tiemes

Esa decision waiting times

Hi, I know that theres a bit of a delay and backlog with ESA, i filled in my forms in late january, had my reassessment exactly a month ago, but i've still heard nothing, is that normal? about 2 years ago i heard something about a week later, i know some people will say that no news is good news, but i suffer from severe anxiety and depression and this is really affecting me.

what i'd like to know is if a month with no word from the dwp is "normal" i'm thinking about calling them and asking, but i dunno.

any help of advice would be really appreciated. thanks in advance
    Last edited by mackri; 09-11-2019 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mackri View Post
    Hi, I know that theres a bit of a delay and backlog with ESA, i filled in my forms in late january, had my reassessment exactly a month ago, but i've still heard nothing, is that normal? about 2 years ago i heard something about a week later, i know some people will say that no news is good news, but i suffer from severe anxiety and depression and this is really affecting me.

what i'd like to know is if a month with no word from the dwp is "normal" i'm thinking about calling them and asking, but i dunno.

any help of advice would be really appreciated. thanks in advance
    Hi,

I had my first assessment two years ago and after not hearing from them for a few weeks afterwards I called them and they told me over the phone I'd been put into the WRAG. Confirmation letter didn't arrive till a couple of weeks later but it eased my mind a lot in the interim. I'd say give them a ring but make sure you're ready for 30-40 minutes of Vivaldi until you finally get to speak to someone who can help.

I'm currently waiting for a re-assessment so I've noted they haven't contacted you a month after yours so I'll use that as a yardstick

Hi, thanks for answering, yeah i'm thinking about phoning them, from what i can tell theres a huge delay and backlog, the last time i had to go thru all this, it took less than 3 months from recieving the forms, filling them in, going to the reassesment and getting the letter to say i'm not fit to work.

it's been over 7 months since i first sent the forms off, i had the reassement last month, and still nothing. i'll give them a call.

thanks again