Thread: ESA Home Assessment Recording

ESA Home Assessment Recording

Hi there,

I have a ESA Assessment in a couple of weeks.

The letter says I will have a home visit.

My question is can I ask them to bring recording equipment with them to my home ?

I remember reading long ago that it was ok to ask them to bring recording equipment and every Assesment centre should have recording equipment they can bring with them in home visits.

I just want to make sure this is correct info I have before I ask them.

Thanks for any advice.

You should request this once you have an appointment date, the sooner the better.

It says on the ESA50:
    You must let the Health Assessment Advisory Service know as soon as you get your appointment letter if you need:
    • a home visit. You will be asked for information from your medical professional to explain why you arenot able to travel to an assessment centre
    • your assessment to be recorded on tape or CD. Requests will be accepted where possible. ...
    Be aware that their equipment may not be available on the day.
    (Or it may be brought but is mysteriously 'broken' by the time it gets to your house).

Also be aware that asking for your assessment to be recorded (by them or by yourself) may result in further delay to your assessment date.

You may want to provide your own recording equipment and do it yourself, it needn't be expensive.
    You don't need one of those special dual tape machines, two cheap cassette recorders will do.
    Something like 2 of these: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/5045864
    The machines don't even have to be identical, but the tapes used have to be.

There are rules if you do the recording yourself. - Including having to tell them in advance, the sooner the better.
    This is some advice about doing your own home recording, from a year ago but it's still valid.
    There is a further link in there to the rules that you must follow if doing your own recording:
    https://www.youreable.com/forums/sho...l=1#post144599
    Last edited by nukecad; 12-09-19 at 11:40.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks Nuke for the reply.