Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DLA changing to PIP

DLA changing to PIP

Hi everyone, i've just joined today. I've managed to get my ESA sorted (very shocked) but im really concerned about transfering from DLA to PIP. I was awarded DLA indefinately in Aug 2011 after a review (Didnt get awarded what i thought i should but was just happy to get awarded anything). Will I have to go through the whole process again in april when PIP comes into force or will they see that i recently got assessed and transfer me straight away. Does anyone know how or if the criteria will change for getting PIP.

Quote Originally Posted by galeforce81 View Post
    Hi everyone, i've just joined today. I've managed to get my ESA sorted (very shocked) but im really concerned about transfering from DLA to PIP. I was awarded DLA indefinately in Aug 2011 after a review (Didnt get awarded what i thought i should but was just happy to get awarded anything). Will I have to go through the whole process again in april when PIP comes into force or will they see that i recently got assessed and transfer me straight away. Does anyone know how or if the criteria will change for getting PIP.
    The final assesment criteria will be published soon, but PIP will be so different to DLA and will be harder to get high rate.

doberg

PIP starts next April. As from next October those that are receiving DLA now will be asked it they would like to apply for PIP. This transferring period will take between 2 and 3 years to complete.

Eventually all DLA claimants will be told - PIP or nothing as DLA is ceasing to exist unless you are over 65 or under 16.

So it doesn't matter what level of DLA you are getting, when it was awarded and for how long - everyone will have it taken off them sometime between 2013 and 2016.

There is no 'transfer' it is a new benefit.
    PIP has been designed to be that much harder to get any award.

As an example I receive HRM & MRC and had a full review back in November 2011 when it was awarded indefinitely.

I have been through all of the new 'descriptors & points' that make up PIP and the most that I will score will be 6 for Care and 4 for Mobility. You will have to get a minimum of 8 points in either category to get the lowest award. As I don't get anywhere near that figure, I won't be applying for PIP as it will be a waste of my time and energy. My DLA will automatically cease because I won't apply.

I've just looked at the descriptors for PIP and theoretically i should be fine but you just know that they're going to disagree with everything you say. Plus some of my circumstances have changed for the worse, i dont want to tell DLA just incase they try messing me around again.

PIP is starting a trial period in April and it is only in the North at this moment.
    Think about DLA to PIP when it is relevant.

doberg
    I've just looked at the descriptors for PIP and theoretically i should be fine but you just know that they're going to disagree with everything you say. Plus some of my circumstances have changed for the worse, i dont want to tell DLA just incase they try messing me around again.
    Think ESA (same system as PIP) - many actually believe that they will score ample points, but come the F2F assessment the reality is that the vast majority are told to find a job!!

If you are absolutely convinced that you will be awarded at least 8 or more points for either care or mobilising, then yes go for it. But please don't assume that the computer software that they will use is there to provide a fair and balanced report - it isn't!!

doberg
    Quote Originally Posted by wobble1 View Post
    PIP is starting a trial period in April and it is only in the North at this moment.
    Think about DLA to PIP when it is relevant.
    For those in the trial areas it is relevant from next April, for everyone else the relevance starts next October - in 10 months time!

Quote Originally Posted by MUD View Post
    have the descriptors for PIP been passed and set in stone yet ?
    Not yet, thet are due to be published soon. Dont expect them to change much though.

Quote Originally Posted by doberg View Post
    For those in the trial areas it is relevant from next April, for everyone else the relevance starts next October - in 10 months time!
    Leeds is not in the trial area.
    If the trial goes OK and the Govt doesn't change it's mind, then it will become relevant in October for the first ones.
    I realise some worry about the future, that's their choice but I'd always encourage people not to worry as it's bad for your health.

davewhit
    1200 people have been tested on PIP they got £30 gift vouchers for taking part