Thread: Motorbility and RSA help needed.

Motorbility and RSA help needed.

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me with a question about Motorbility and RSA.
    After holding a clean licence for almost 27 years I have received a 28 day Driving disqualification resulting in no points but a SP30 endorsement, which apparently lasts on my license for 4 years. I am on my second Motorbility vehicle. After appearing in court and appealing mitigation the magistrate issued the above penalty and a £150 fine. He said it would have been a 56 day ban it wasn't for my mitigating circumstances and my licence will still have zero points on it.
    My question is whether Motorbility are likely to terminate my lease. As I said earlier, this is the first time I have received ANY endorsement and have never had any points on my licence. There were two accident claims on my previous vehicle due to my nominated driver and one to me as the car was damaged in a hit and run driver who wasn't traced. When I inform RSA do you have any idea on their reaction. I've read that they won't insure anyone with more than a 30 day ban. So I'm very lucky on that front.
    Please help. Anybody ??

Get Outlook for Android

The first thing you have to do is phone Motability now inform them of the situation and also speak to RSA.
    It’s likely if you do nothing they will terminate the lease.
    A 28 day driving ban is pretty serious stuff. I’m amazed you haven’t received penalty points.
    As to whether they terminate the lease if you tell them straight away only they can tell you.
    Whatever happens you are going to have to be extra careful. I imagine you will have to write explaining that this is not your usual driving standard and that you have learnt from your mistakes and aim to be vigilant from now on.