Thread: Money Differing between income based and contribution based ESA

Money Differing between income based and contribution based ESA

Another quick question about something that has been REALLY bugging me. My Best Friend is on income based ESA and gets £120pw, she also gets cold weather payments and gets help with the Warmer Home Scheme, where as im on contribution based ESA and i get £108pw but dont get ant cold weather payments and aren't entitled to help from the Warmer Home Scheme. Can anyone tell me why there is such a difference? We are both in the support group.

Quote Originally Posted by galeforce81 View Post
    Another quick question about something that has been REALLY bugging me. My Best Friend is on income based ESA and gets £120pw, she also gets cold weather payments and gets help with the Warmer Home Scheme, where as im on contribution based ESA and i get £108pw but dont get ant cold weather payments and aren't entitled to help from the Warmer Home Scheme. Can anyone tell me why there is such a difference? We are both in the support group.
    This has been noted before. In order to get other certain benefits you must be in receipt of a means tested benefit such as IR ESA or other qualifying benefit. The flipside is that those on CB ESA are allowed other incomes. There are those like yourself that get caught in the grey area where fairness is not in the DWPs regs. There are possibilities for you to maybe apply for other benefits, depending on your circumstances, a trip to the CAB or similar may help.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by galeforce81 View Post
    have you a partner working ? that would make a differance ......... if not there is a form you can get which gets you some of the things people on IR ESA get like dental glasses ect ect a HC2 certificate

The thing i find funniest is before we both got on ESA, i was getting more money than her, wheras mine has stayed the same, hers increased by £30pw. Its almost like im getting penelised for having had a job at some point.