Thread: Car Insurance - leaving Motability

Car Insurance - leaving Motability

Having a Motability car for some 10 years.

If I were to go back to owning my own car and used my PIP to cover the motoring expenses.

How would I fare in getting Car Insurance discount having Zero NCB since having a Motability insurance over the years.

Motability/RSA will provide a record of your time with them on request.

You can then use the proof of your driving record with Companies like Fish Insurance.

https://www.fishinsurance.co.uk/products/car-insurance/

Tip : Be sure to get online insurance quotes before you approach Fish or any other insurance company because they always try to beat or match quotes you've had.

thanks for that,

Another question if anyone knows, How would you go about returning your car to Motability and sort returning your PIP payments back to your bank account etc. Also would I get anything back from Motability for returning the car in good condition etc.

Just give Motability a ring : 0300 456 4566 They will organise everything for you if I remember correctly.
    I told 'em I could no longer afford a new car, they in return were very understanding. I received the good condition bonus and a pro rata payment of the advance payment, brilliant because I was only 18 months into the contract.

BTW I was nearly in tears during the phonecall to Motability.

Are there any possibility to make insurance and for motorbikes, because I already got one stolen, thank god I had a motorcycle tracker, so I could found it, but it was already damaged a lot. So now want to make sure that it will have insurance and I don't have to pay for a new paint job anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryRosburn View Post
    Are there any possibility to make insurance and for motorbikes, because I already got one stolen, thank god I had a motorcycle tracker, so I could found it, but it was already damaged a lot. So now want to make sure that it will have insurance and I don't have to pay for a new paint job anymore.
    Hi Gary

I’m not quite understanding your question but you need to have insurance to use a motor bike on public roads.

If you have the bare minimum insurance to be insured to use on the road as in “third party insurance” your only covered for damaged to other road users and you have to repair your own bike with your own money.

If you buy “fire and thrift” insurance you will be covered if your bike is stolen or burst into flame but not if damaged in an accident that is your fault.

If you buy “comprehensive” insurance you will be covered for everything but each one of these insurances increase in price as you go from the first option I’ve mentioned up to the third one.

This does not take into account excess you pay to keep the cost of your insurance down.

To quote you “Are there any possibility to make insurance and for motorbikes” yes there are and you should have it if driving on public roads.

Please forgive me if I’ve misunderstood your question.