Thread: Car Insurance - leaving Motability

Car Insurance - leaving Motability

Having a Motability car for some 10 years.

If I were to go back to owning my own car and used my PIP to cover the motoring expenses.

How would I fare in getting Car Insurance discount having Zero NCB since having a Motability insurance over the years.

Motability/RSA will provide a record of your time with them on request.

You can then use the proof of your driving record with Companies like Fish Insurance.

https://www.fishinsurance.co.uk/products/car-insurance/

Tip : Be sure to get online insurance quotes before you approach Fish or any other insurance company because they always try to beat or match quotes you've had.

thanks for that,

Another question if anyone knows, How would you go about returning your car to Motability and sort returning your PIP payments back to your bank account etc. Also would I get anything back from Motability for returning the car in good condition etc.

Just give Motability a ring : 0300 456 4566 They will organise everything for you if I remember correctly.
    I told 'em I could no longer afford a new car, they in return were very understanding. I received the good condition bonus and a pro rata payment of the advance payment, brilliant because I was only 18 months into the contract.

BTW I was nearly in tears during the phonecall to Motability.