Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: confused about the letter.

its very normal to have these thoughts while waiting for conformation of your award , just try to put it out of your mind , after all you may well be worrying about nothing

I was awared 27 points in first part
    and 12 in the 2nd. They put "ongoing" after each

but im really in meltdown my DLA went in last night but the ESA part hasnt (support group)
    has something happened on the pip front to trigger the ESA being stopped.

probably not, even if ESA is stopped notice would be given and would be some time before cease of payments unless it was an immediate effect for fraud reasons. I would be surprised if a decision of 40 points on PIP would trigger a WCA. If anything it could put you on deferral.

Quote Originally Posted by worried33 View Post
    probably not, even if ESA is stopped notice would be given and would be some time before cease of payments unless it was an immediate effect for fraud reasons. I would be surprised if a decision of 40 points on PIP would trigger a WCA. If anything it could put you on deferral.
    thank you so much
    im utterly franctic at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by worried33 View Post
    yes it triggered had the forms for ESA this morning
    main problem the person named on the form isnt me.... you cant make this up.
    My sister rung them at first they thought we had opened a mis delivered letter she explained the address is correct but the name isnt even close.
    They told her send them back with a letter, according to them yesterday my payment should go in by tomorrow but given this farce I truly cant see that
    given how everything is connected

I dont know what I should do next

Send the forms back as requested by DWP and let them sort that out as there's been a mistake there of some kind. As regards your ESA, it won't stop and can't stop until an assessment is done that finds you fit for work (which probably won't happen), so try not to worry as it should continue to paid as normal after this glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by noisynoodle View Post
    Send the forms back as requested by DWP and let them sort that out as there's been a mistake there of some kind. As regards your ESA, it won't stop and can't stop until an assessment is done that finds you fit for work (which probably won't happen), so try not to worry as it should continue to paid as normal after this glitch.
    truly cant thank you enough for replying
    the social worker came out and phoned them, they have no record of forms being sent out he checked the system and nothing is even showing as being requested
    social worker took the letter to the post office with a letter enclosed stating what had been said and the wrong name etc.

Quote Originally Posted by valeyard View Post
    I was awared 27 points in first part
    and 12 in the 2nd. They put "ongoing" after each

but im really in meltdown my DLA went in last night but the ESA part hasnt (support group)
    has something happened on the pip front to trigger the ESA being stopped.
    There's been quite a few people who have not had their ESA paid like you. It's a computer hitch so just ring them up and ask them to look into it for you. They will sort it then and there for you.

Hi,

We all have fear of brown envelopes!

Any letters no matter who they come from that do not have your name on them can simply be put back into a post box with “NOT KNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS” written on, it used to be illegal to open mail that wasn’t addressed to you.

But sometimes we make mistakes, if you opened the envelope the letter that came with it saying when it’s due back (I think) would have a National insurance number on it so if it’s not yours you know they’ve made a mistake with the address.

I might be wrong and I’m sure someone will correct me if I am but, the reason you got the original letter about your PIP claim is that a decision can be made without a F2F because you provided enough evidence to support your claim a F2F is done when they need more information.

And I seem to remember reading here that they cannot turn you down without a face to face so if they’ve got enough information they can make a decision without seeing you.

The only thing that Can happen is within a few months after PIP assessment you could get another ESA assessment form but cross that bridge if you get to it.

In the mean time it sounds like you’ve been awarded PIP????

MISSING OR DELAYED ESA PAYMENTS.

It happens, a phone call sorts it out quickly and won’t cause further agro!

Quote Originally Posted by Archersmate View Post
    Hi,

We all have fear of brown envelopes!

Any letters no matter who they come from that do not have your name on them can simply be put back into a post box with “NOT KNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS” written on, it used to be illegal to open mail that wasn’t addressed to you.

But sometimes we make mistakes, if you opened the envelope the letter that came with it saying when it’s due back (I think) would have a National insurance number on it so if it’s not yours you know they’ve made a mistake with the address.

I might be wrong and I’m sure someone will correct me if I am but, the reason you got the original letter about your PIP claim is that a decision can be made without a F2F because you provided enough evidence to support your claim a F2F is done when they need more information.

And I seem to remember reading here that they cannot turn you down without a face to face so if they’ve got enough information they can make a decision without seeing you.

The only thing that Can happen is within a few months after PIP assessment you could get another ESA assessment form but cross that bridge if you get to it.

In the mean time it sounds like you’ve been awarded PIP????

MISSING OR DELAYED ESA PAYMENTS.

It happens, a phone call sorts it out quickly and won’t cause further agro!
    yes thank you so much
    basically the reason for the terror nearly every single contact with them has been owing to an error or mistake,
    Will make sure if anything else comes that happens.