Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Need help with PIP please!

  1. #1

    Need help with PIP please!

    Long story short I'm a psychology student and a couple of years ago I realized that my father has severe anxiety. This is due to his childhood, when he was a child his father and older brother used to literally beat him up on a daily basis and they made him pass out a number of times. Now my father has severe anxiety and is always worried if someone hurts him again, he is so scared that if you steal something from him, he will just say "sorry" and walk away but this affects his working life as well, since I was a child, he has always struggled to hold a job because his anxiety stops him from being able to act like a normal person which in turn stops him from working like he should and then gets fired. This has happened at least 20/30 times since I was a child. We have always struggled to get by but my father has been lucky because my older sister is a manager and she helped him immensely and for around 10 years he has been able to keep working at her place but the money he gets is not enough so I have been helping him and contributing a lot but now I am moving away to continue my psychology studies and he will struggle again when I move away and my mother is not able to work due to her high blood pressure and the 3 more illnesses related to it. They do not receive any types of benefits. I looked around online and found out he could be able to apply and receive PIP but I'm not too sure how it works, will he have to regularly visit and get a letter or something similar from a qualified psychologist (I'm only a student at the moment so I won't be able to write anything official) stating that he indeed suffers from anxiety and that it seriously affects his working life and his income? If he didn't have anxiety, he could easily hold a higher paid job but his anxiety won't allow him to.

  2. #2
    RaspberryRipple
    Guest
    Gosh that’s quite a ramble.. you need to be a bit more concise with your statement, perhaps use paragraphs and bullet points to make it easier for people to understand.
    What exactly are you asking here? You need to make it clearer.

  3. #3
    Senior Member nukecad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    West Cumbria (Lake District)
    Posts
    9,224
    This is a good guide to claiming PIP and tells you what to do and what to expect:
    https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-g...your-PIP-claim

    It sound as if both your Mother and Father should be making their own seperate claims for PIP.

    As they seem to be of working age then they should each also consider making seperate claims for 'New Style' ESA (if they have paid enough NI).
    Or if they havent made enough NI payments then making a joint claim for Universal Credit with a disability element. (and possibly a carer element).
    (They won't be elligible to to make a new claim for Income Related ESA).

    Claiming New Style ESA:
    https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-g...port-Allowance
    Claiming UC with a health condition:
    https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Un...ity_Assessment

    As both seem eligible for their own seperate PIP (and possibly ESA) claims it does get a bit complicated and I suggest that after reading all that you and your mother/father make an appointment(s) with an advisor local to you who can help with making the different claims.
    You can find a local advisor by putting your postcode in here: https://advicelocal.uk/find-an-adviser

    PS. You say that you have "looked around online" - have you tried putting their details into one of the online benefit calculators to check just what they could be entited to?
    Try this one: https://www.entitledto.co.uk/
    Last edited by nukecad; 26-09-19 at 11:27.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

    Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy0000 View Post
    Long story short I'm a psychology student and a couple of years ago I realized that my father has severe anxiety. This is due to his childhood, when he was a child his father and older brother used to literally beat him up on a daily basis and they made him pass out a number of times. Now my father has severe anxiety and is always worried if someone hurts him again, he is so scared that if you steal something from him, he will just say "sorry" and walk away but this affects his working life as well, since I was a child, he has always struggled to hold a job because his anxiety stops him from being able to act like a normal person which in turn stops him from working like he should and then gets fired. This has happened at least 20/30 times since I was a child. We have always struggled to get by but my father has been lucky because my older sister is a manager and she helped him immensely and for around 10 years he has been able to keep working at her place but the money he gets is not enough so I have been helping him and contributing a lot but now I am moving away to continue my psychology studies and he will struggle again when I move away and my mother is not able to work due to her high blood pressure and the 3 more illnesses related to it. They do not receive any types of benefits. I looked around online and found out he could be able to apply and receive PIP but I'm not too sure how it works, will he have to regularly visit and get a letter or something similar from a qualified psychologist (I'm only a student at the moment so I won't be able to write anything official) stating that he indeed suffers from anxiety and that it seriously affects his working life and his income? If he didn't have anxiety, he could easily hold a higher paid job but his anxiety won't allow him to.
    Hi, I am new to this and have been working towards having the courage to even go onto a forum as I have no social, media but have seen this exact same post on other sites. Is this normal? Xx

  5. #5
    Senior Member nukecad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    West Cumbria (Lake District)
    Posts
    9,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Percypops View Post
    Hi, I am new to this and have been working towards having the courage to even go onto a forum as I have no social, media but have seen this exact same post on other sites. Is this normal? Xx
    Well spotted percypops, and welcome to the forum.

    It's not unusual for someone to ask the same question on more than one forum in the hope that the more times they ask the more answer they will get, often copying the same wording for each one.

    It can sometimes be a sign of spamming but then there will be other signs, weblinks, etc., forum moderators are usually experienced enough to spot that.

    I am a mod for other forums but not here;
    Checking what you say I can see the same post repeated on a few finance and disability forums, with similar usernames.
    That in itself would not raise any flags.
    However the fact that the original was posted over a year ago does raise the question of why the identical post has suddenly been resurrected?
    That could well be a sign of a spammer copying/pasting someones year-old post in order to look 'genuine'. - If I had moderator access here I would be doing more checking.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

    Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    This is a good guide to claiming PIP and tells you what to do and what to expect:
    https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-g...your-PIP-claim

    It sound as if both your Mother and Father should be making their own seperate claims for PIP.

    As they seem to be of working age then they should each also consider making seperate claims for 'New Style' ESA (if they have paid enough NI).
    Or if they havent made enough NI payments then making a joint claim for Universal Credit with a disability element. (and possibly a carer element).
    (They won't be elligible to to make a new claim for Income Related ESA).

    Claiming New Style ESA:
    https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-g...port-Allowance
    Claiming UC with a health condition:
    https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Un...ity_Assessment

    As both seem eligible for their own seperate PIP (and possibly ESA) claims it does get a bit complicated and I suggest that after reading all that you and your mother/father make an appointment(s) with an advisor local to you who can help with making the different claims.
    You can find a local advisor by putting your postcode in here: https://advicelocal.uk/find-an-adviser

    PS. You say that you have "looked around online" - have you tried putting their details into one of the online benefit calculators to check just what they could be entited to?
    Try this one: https://www.entitledto.co.uk/
    Thank you for the links, I'm going to check them out now.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Percypops View Post
    Hi, I am new to this and have been working towards having the courage to even go onto a forum as I have no social, media but have seen this exact same post on other sites. Is this normal? Xx
    Yes it's me, I asked it in other forums in order to get as many advises as possible.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Well spotted percypops, and welcome to the forum.

    It's not unusual for someone to ask the same question on more than one forum in the hope that the more times they ask the more answer they will get, often copying the same wording for each one.

    It can sometimes be a sign of spamming but then there will be other signs, weblinks, etc., forum moderators are usually experienced enough to spot that.

    I am a mod for other forums but not here;
    Checking what you say I can see the same post repeated on a few finance and disability forums, with similar usernames.
    That in itself would not raise any flags.
    However the fact that the original was posted over a year ago does raise the question of why the identical post has suddenly been resurrected?
    That could well be a sign of a spammer copying/pasting someones year-old post in order to look 'genuine'. - If I had moderator access here I would be doing more checking.
    It's me and I posted all the posts in the different forums on the same day.

  9. #9
    Here is great information about Mineral rights:
    Some do some don't it depends on whether the mineral rights were previously sold, here is a list of companies who purchase and lease mineral rights. If you want more information regarding mineral rights then without wasting your time, contact me.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •