Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Invited to take part in Clinical Trial.

Once I get a reply from my latest email I will ring my GP. Consultant has told me that the already available monthly injections he is very reluctant to try because of the side effects so that rules that suggestion out. There is nothing more he can do for me so has discharged me on the proviso I have 6 monthly tests and any concern to be referred back to him.

I would have thought that they would contact the GP with your permission as a safeguard, not taking just your word for it. That could lead them to a sticky wicket.

This is (one reason) why I decided not to take part in this trial that I was invited to, read it carefully.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51091083

The BBC headline is very misleading, I used to expect better of the BBC but now they seem to have sold out to sponsors.
    It is blantant backdoor advertising, using the NHS to advertise private enterprise.

The headline implies that this is an NHS approved trial - It is nothing of the sort it's a drug company private trial - Read it again.

I will admit that when I was first invited to take part it looked like a good idea.
    But I've since decided that's only because the drug comapny wants to make it look that way.

If you are invited to take part then make your own decision.

Personal note-
    Sorry beau, I understand that in your circumstances it may make sense.
    But for most of us I do not like they way that they are trying to promote this.
    Last edited by nukecad; 13-01-20 at 21:31.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

My GP advised me not to take part because of the not knowing the side effects. I have a shunt, what would be the effect on that and of course my other medical problems. Apart from that it would effect my travel insurance, I pay enough as it is plus the chances are I wouldn't be able to get it and if I could the already hefty premium would rise to unaffordable and I intend to travel as much as possible whilst I am able and can afford it.
    I have declined.