Thread: The list of Medicines affected by no-deal Brexit

The list of Medicines affected by no-deal Brexit

Scarmongering. That's all that article is.
    Call me Mike.

No it is not, I have shown the list to my pharmacist and he confirmed it to be correct.

Tv news featured an item a few days ago relating to drugs that the pharmacists are already running out of and I’m pretty certain that they were the same As those featured on this list. So could it be nothing to do with no Deal Brexit or anything else to do with Brexit but actually to do with money that is currently available for the NHS. Including some of the drugs I am currently Prescribed.

Incidentally some of the items on this list are over-the-counter medications no prescription required, things like aspirin that Have been available for many many years Seem a little misplaced on this list.

The aspirin listed is the soluble type. Yes you can get them over the counter but are quite expensive at the side of the standard ones. Possibly a mixture of costs and Brexit.

Looking at the titles of some of the related articles on the same website leads me to conclude that the site has a definite political agenda.....anti brexit .

I don’t want to comment on my brexit views but other news sources have said that current shortages are not brexit related.

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    The aspirin listed is the soluble type. Yes you can get them over the counter but are quite expensive at the side of the standard ones. Possibly a mixture of costs and Brexit.
    My mum who was a pensioner at the time, used to buy them from the pharmacist in the 1980/90s to treat hypertension along with prescription medication for it, the aspirin cost pennies. So has the price gone up abnormally? I think a tiny bottle (about 50 tablets) was something like 39p. And if she inadvertently ran out she had a pill cutter, I bought one from eBay for 99p I thought it might be useful one day.

Quote Originally Posted by gus607 View Post
    Scarmongering. That's all that article is.

My thoughts exactly. I’m not prepared to believe anything which is clearly politically motivated.
    Last edited by RaspberryRipple; 10-09-2019 at 03:13 PM.