Thread: Pants on fire?

Pants on fire?

A ludicrous statement from the new Secretay of State for Works and Pensions, Therese Coffey, in an opinion piece for Huffington Post:
    Those receiving benefits could make more than those going out to work, with some claimants receiving over £100,000 a year.
    https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...AP-I8fS4WkgOoP
    That's almost £2,000 a week.
    Has she never heard of the benefits cap?

And then they wonder why they get called liars.
    The sooner this government has gone and she loses her job the better.

For balance it was at one time possible to get that much in benefits, so she's only 9 years out of date.
    It was high private rentals in London that caused it, and was the main reason for the introduction of the benefit cap and LHA.
    A freedom of information request by Full Fact showed that in August 2010, there were fewer than five housing benefit claimants receiving the equivalent of £100,000 a year.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Dream on, what era is she living in? Obviously not clued up for her now position. I thought you had to have experience to get a high powered job. Obviously not in our government which is turning out to be less than useless in all aspects.

Reading the article again she'll probably claim that it was part of the previous sentence "Under the last Labour government .....".

Of course it wasn't.
    It was a new paragraph and was followed by "This isn’t just unsustainable for our economy ..." (Not the old economy under Labour then).

You would think they would have learned that they can't keep getting away with ludicrous inaccurate/misleading statements by now.
    There again they are being led by one of the biggest pompous asses we have seen for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    There again they are being led by one of the biggest pompous asses we have seen for a long time.
    That is a gross understatement. I can think of worse things to call him.

I didn't want to hit the (seemingly non-existent) spam filters.

But Gross is a good start for a description of him.

Pants on fire

this is one of the most wanted script ported from X3:R. It was such a nice script and cant live with out it.

Keep up the good work.

<a href=https://prom-electric.ru/>.</a>

I thought Boris was supposed to surround himself by people who are good at their job People who are knowledgeable and experts in their field.

They’re having a larf!

Tory voters might argue about ancient housing benefit statistics “one family getting £100.000 a year is one too many” but as usual the beneficiaries of the old housing benefit system were not the tenants whereas the victims of the new LHA are.

Rough justice in action yet again.