Thread: Can she claim carers allowance?

Can she claim carers allowance?

Hi just wondered if anyone knows the answer to my question i claim carers allowance for one off my sons who is on middle rate DLA, i have another son who is on high rate care DLA, i am a single parent and my daughter has recently moved back in with me does anyone know if she can claim carers allowance to help take some off the pressure off me by doing most off the caring for my other son. What im not sure off is can you only claim for one person per household?. Many Thanks
    Tony

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by tony19 View Post
    Hi just wondered if anyone knows the answer to my question i claim carers allowance for one off my sons who is on middle rate DLA, i have another son who is on high rate care DLA, i am a single parent and my daughter has recently moved back in with me does anyone know if she can claim carers allowance to help take some off the pressure off me by doing most off the caring for my other son. What im not sure off is can you only claim for one person per household?. Many Thanks
    Tony

depends on her income and age see

https://www.gov.uk/carers-allowance/overview

If she satisfies the rules in the link davewhit put, then yes she can claim for the son on high care.