Thread: LCWRA And backdated money

LCWRA And backdated money

I have a question about LCWRA. I dont think Im going to like the answer but here it goes!
    I have written a quick time line of what has happened so far.

23/08/18 Reported health change and provided a fit note
    14/11/18 WCA (1)
    10/12/18 WCA decision denied LCW/RA
    15/12/18 Applied for MR
    05/05/19 MR decision denied LCW/RA
    05/03/19 Reported health change
    06/03/19 Phone appointment sent consultants letter to work coach
    06/03/19 Told I dont need to provide fitnotes
    08/07/19 Told I do indeed need fitnotes
    12/07/19 Provided fitnote
    12/09/19 WCA (2)
    27/09/19 WCA decision granted LCWRA

What I would like to know is witch date out of the above dates are they most likely to pick for my claim to be backdated to
    Thank You in advance for any advice you can give me

I assume that this if for Universal Credit?

(Did they realy take 5 months to do the MR or is that a typo?)

If so then LCWRA will be payable from the start of the first UC assessment period that starts 3 months after you provided evidence of being unfit for work.
    In this case the date you provided evidence would be the start date of the fit note that you provided on 08/07/19.

In practical terms that means that the first LCWRA payment will be included in the 5th UC payment made after the first date on your fit note(s).

If you managed to get a fit note backdated to 06/03/19, or already had them back to that date, then the first date on that/those fit notes is what counts.

If you didnt have a backdated note, or didn't already have notes, then there may be grounds to argue that you were given the wrong information on 06/03/19 and would have provided fit notes then if you had been given the correct information.
    You will need professionial help to stand any chance of success with that though.
    Put your postcode in here to find benefit advisors near you: https://advicelocal.uk/find-an-adviser

The previous application (23/08/18) does not count at all as you were found fit for work at that time and didn't take it to appeal.
    However you may still be able to make a late appeal of that decision/MR, especially as you have since been awarded LCWRA.
    Again you would need professional help to make a late appeal about that.

(If it's ESA then all the above still stands except for the fact that with ESA it's 13 weeks from when you first provide evidence to when the payments start).
    Last edited by nukecad; 10-03-2019 at 01:27 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.