Thread: PIP assesment criteria, appeals and evidence

PIP assesment criteria, appeals and evidence

Hi, I'm 54v and living in the Peak District. I recently had my dla to pip medical and surprise surprise received 0 points for everything.
    Firstly I'm not surprised, this happened with an esa medical a few years ago and I appealed and went into a support group.

However, what has really surprised me is the difference in questions I answered in my application pack and those asked at the medical.
    eg. can you bend down to use an oven - this appeared nowhere in the medical!

My other concern is there appears to be no provision in the care component for night time help. I frequently have falls in the night and as such my wife and son have to check on me regularly and at least ince a week pick me up off the floor, or help to.
    In the old dla there was a component of night time care but now PIP seems to ignore it.

Anyone shed any light on this?

I'm now going about manadatory reconsideration and trying to gather evidence which I have already supplied and they have ignored.
    I thought about getting a private medical report done and wondered if anyone else had tried this?

The descriptors are devised in such a way that it makes it extremely difficult to claim. The descriptors do not include bending to get something out of the oven. But, what happens if a pan slides off the hob and onto the floor ?- if you're not able to bend to retrieve it - especially if it contains hot oil or water - then this is a safety issue ! This is not covered in the descriptors. Also, the night time thing. I have to assist my wife into her wheelchair lift and meet her upstairs to help her into bed. She is incontinent of urine at night as well as the daytime - yet, having to be awake several time a night is not counted! My wife doesn't drink much fluid at all but, her legs get very big with cellulitis during the day. Of course, when she lays down in bed - the fluid retention goes - meaning several trips to the loo to change her pads. Also, helping her change position in the night is NOT included. We've just lost high rate care to standard rate - I've made a post about it today. She's still got high rate mobility. The assessor said in the report that she did a full musculo skeletal assessment - the assessor was heavily pregnant and just asked my wife to hold her index finger. If that's ATOS' musculo skeletal assessment - then they can stick it where the sun doesn't shine ! Our next door neighbour has cancer of the bladder (not terminal - it's grade 1) - she works and walks up to the local shop every day - she got full rate care - she is fully able bodied! I don't get it at all !