Thread: No Esa50 but already had assesment

No Esa50 but already had assesment

Hi, first of all I'm new to these forums so hi everybody the question I have is:

I received an Esa50 form to fill in but managed to lose it, and before I had chance to request a new one the date of my assessment came. The lady who done my assessment asked if all my conditions were the same as my previous esa claim. (I'm now on only universal credit, nothing else at all) when I told her yes (I have only one lung) she said this should be relatively straight forward and even said she'd just 'skip the physical examination'. I should of also mentioned that when I last claimed Esa I passed and didn't have to hand fit notes in for 2 year. I'm guessing with her saying this i should be expecting good news in regards to the outcome (I hope!) what I'm wondering is... How long should I expect to wait to hear back whether its a pass or a fail on my journal or post or however they will tell me, I sat it on the 23rd of September? And due to them not having an Esa50 but a detailed report, should I expect it to be delayed because of that? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you
    Last edited by Waller64; 10-09-2019 at 04:41 PM.

It can happen that you have an assessment without an ESA50.
    Even if you were sent one but didn't send it back.

ESA50 is just one piece of evidence given in your own words.

If there is enough other evidence, and what they see at assessment may be plenty without the ESA50.

It's only been a couple of weeks, I'd give it another week and if you haven't heard anything give them a ring and ask what's happening.

PS. You talk about a journal.
    Was it a UC50 for Universal Credit?
    The assessment and so the advice is still the same whichever it was.
    But if it's UC then check your journal every day.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I could be wrong in thinking it was an Esa50 and it could of been a uc50 yes. I'm a uc claimant and it was the booklet asking how my conditions affect my day to day life.

No problems.

The forms and the assessment are the same, except one form says ESA and the other says Universal Credit.

And as you have had your assessment it's just a case of waiting and keeping an eye on your UC journal.
    I believe that it's currently taking about 2 or 3 weeks after the DWP get the form back from the assessors.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.