Thread: Stairlift.......A Cautionary Tale...

Stairlift.......A Cautionary Tale...

Our stairlift has been working fine, a real boon, until the end of the other week .
    It set fine on its upward journey but halfway up, it just stopped dead on its track.
    Panic subsided to consternation as we contemplated how to do without it.

It was clear to see what the problem was. Somehow, inexplicably it had picked up a piece of newspaper and drawn this into its works no doubt jamming it up.
    The engineer called the next Monday and sorted it out but because it was “not a machine fault” we were liable for an expensive call-out charge.

So we are sorted again now but the moral of the story is , if you have a stairlift keep any paper or loose material well away from its under parts. Otherwise it may decide to draw it in and jam itself.

That’s all.

My Dad has a Stannah type stairlift that was put in for my late step mum as she had a terminal illness (Progressive supranuclear Palsy more commonly known as PSP). I don’t know if he even uses the lift but I’ll pass the story onto him to share with others at the PSP support group.
    Thanks so much.