Thread: PIP Mandatory reconsideration.

Unhappy PIP Mandatory reconsideration.

Hi there,

I am new to the forum, I currently claim PIP enhanced daily living element for mental health reasons but during the time I applied it was deemed that I was not eligible for the mobility element however since then there was a court case or some such which said people can't be discriminated against regarding mental health issues and mobility.

I have received a letter as they had reviewed my case and still deemed me ineligible for mobility component only scoring 4 points.

I wish to challenge this and have started a small letter but I am unsure what I need to include as there isn't an awful lot to say on the matter, I intend to get a supporting letter from my community psychiatric nurse and would just like some advice if possible please.

here is what I had started to write:

"To whom it may concern,

I disagree with the recent decision regarding the mobility aspect of my PIP claim. I do not believe the full facts have been taken into account.

I cannot leave the house without support from my wife (carer), mother or community psychiatric nurse as it would cause overwhelming anxiety and psychological distress to me.

As a result of this I am unable to undertake new journeys, unplanned journeys or familiar journeys alone."

any advice / guidance greatly appreciated.

- Stephen

That all sounds fair enough, you don't need to go into great detail

If you can get a letter to support that you can't go out alone, best would be from your CPN as you intend to do.

I would add after 'To whom it may concern,'

"Mandatory Reconsideration."

In bold and underlined like that.

Then add to the first line:
    "....... full facts have been taken into account and so I am requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration of the decision."

Then I'd just finish what you have already written with something like:
    "I enclose a letter from my Comunity Psychiatric Nurse {or whoever wrote it} to support that I cannot undertake journeys alone."

Enclose a copy of the letter (not the original) with your NI number written on the top, sign it and send it off to the address given on your decision letter.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    That all sounds fair enough, you don't need to go into great detail

If you can get a letter to support that you can't go out alone, best would be from your CPN as you intend to do.

I would add after 'To whom it may concern,'

"Mandatory Reconsideration."

In bold and underlined like that.

Then add to the first line:
    "....... full facts have been taken into account and so I am requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration of the decision."

Then I'd just finish what you have already written with something like:
    "I enclose a letter from my Comunity Psychiatric Nurse {or whoever wrote it} to support that I cannot undertake journeys alone."

Enclose a copy of the letter (not the original) with your NI number written on the top, sign it and send it off to the address given on your decision letter.
    Many thanks for your reply this has been extremely helpful!