Thread: Pip award query

Pip award query

Hi
    I am currently helping my mum through her PIp claim. Today she recieved the decision letter, stating she would be getting standard rate care and lower rate mobility. We will be asking them to look into it again. As the assesor has left out the part where my mum and i said that she wont go anywhere unfamiiar to her with out another person due to her anxiety, she certainly wont travel alone anywhere, even local can be an issue. She dosent particualaly like going to new places on her own anyway. The assesor also said my mum was on no medication for anxiety even though she gave her the name of the medication!

Anyway, she has had her letter today and it says they will pay her SRC an LRM from 27th november 2019 and that they will pay money in on the 23rd december.

A few years ago, i had to do all this for my husband, and at that time he was awarded the same award, except he was given a backdated amount for Care. which was backdated to i think, the date from when he made the phonecall ( i could be wrong on that it was 2.5 years ago ). No backdated pay has been mentioned on my mums award and the only payment info is for the 23rd december. Do they no longer backdate at all?

all the dates on her letter seem very confusing!

she was getting Dla HRM before this transfer to PIP , but no money for care
    Last edited by wiggywoo; 11-06-2019 at 02:07 PM.

As DLA is being paid, there is no back dating of PIP as I understand it. I'm in the same situation as your Mum. I had final DLA payment on Tuesday and wont get PIP until beginning of December. Yet ESA increase (SDL) will be paid on the 13th of this month as this is the date my PIP award starts from.
    If you look at it logically there's more chance of snow in hell before you get a double payment for disability

There's no backdating of PIP for transfers from DLA. Backdating only applies to new claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornwall View Post
    As DLA is being paid, there is no back dating of PIP as I understand it. I'm in the same situation as your Mum. I had final DLA payment on Tuesday and wont get PIP until beginning of December. Yet ESA increase (SDL) will be paid on the 13th of this month as this is the date my PIP award starts from.
    If you look at it logically there's more chance of snow in hell before you get a double payment for disability
    You are slightly ahead of me with the DLA to Pip.
    I didn’t require a face to face but they still make you wait for the decision!
    I believe they will have a decision in the next fortnight.
    My last DLA payment will be 19/11/19. My first PIP will be 17/12/19.

I’m keen to read the HCP’s report and also the breakdown of points.
    Until then I’m eagerly waiting for a brown envelope!

Aren't PIP payments one month in arrears ?
    Call me Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by RaspberryRipple View Post
    Until then I’m eagerly waiting for a brown envelope!
    That's not a phrase you see often on here.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by gus607 View Post
    Aren't PIP payments one month in arrears ?
    Yes that is correct.