Thread: Sick note delay

Sick note delay

I received notification from the DWP they would like my sick note to reach them by the 7th of this month. I went in to the GP to collect it only to find it is still languishing on his desk and he won't be in until Friday. Does anybody know if I will be penalized because of this? I have made it known I will not be too pleased by this to the Surgery if I am. I don't know what their issue is tbh? My usual doctor used to issue for three months as I have a lifelong condition and this GP issues for six weeks at a time. It's really beginning to annoy me because two weeks ago they finally got round to issuing me with a medical exemption certificate due to my condition, so they should be aware of my difficulties. I wish they would stop messing me about.
    Last edited by phillius; 11-07-2019 at 07:33 PM.

Similar Threads

1. Sick note
    By Stacy37 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2019, 01:51 PM
  2. ESA sick note 2 day gap
    By Mandyboops in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-09-2018, 01:14 PM
  3. Sick note
    By Johnny565656 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-22-2018, 01:30 PM
  4. New sick note
    By DD91 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-14-2017, 02:58 PM
  5. Sick Note
    By sea queen in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-01-2014, 09:49 AM