Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PIP assessment nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by freshgold View Post
    They would give me a home assessment but that hardly is an accommodation. Sorry but I just don’t you think understand the severity of my social anxiety disorder. I don’t see and can’t see strangers. I am housebound due to the severity of my social anxiety. It is patronising to say to me that “I may find that the whole experience” not “as bad as you thought” when I am housebound due to my social anxiety and can not even pick up a phone to speak to a stranger without breaking down and that doesn’t even involve a face to face interaction.

I am already receiving PIP and have done so for years. In 2016 when i was moved from DLA to PIP I was initially asked for a face to face assessment I think, but after I asked by MP to contact them I was given a a paper based assessment, and I was basically in much of the same situation that I am now, nothing has drastically changed in my life in terms of my medical status from then until now. I am simply on here to seek advice on what I could possibly do in my position to have my renewal judged by paper based assessment.
    No I’m not being patronising but you came on here asking for help and then disregard reasonable suggestions. It was reasonable to suggest that you have a home visit. It was reasonable to suggest you have someone familiar with you. You even mention a possible solution in your opening statement:

“Could my mother as an Appointee speak to the assessor if he/she visits our home on my behalf while I stay locked in my bathroom while the assessor visits?”

You need to be objective and also see things from the DWP perspective. You need to work with them as a partnership.
    It seems your perception of what is a reasonable adjustment is altered. If that is the case then tell them why. Provide them with evidence. You need to give yourself a chance by taking a step back, allowing some breathing space and taking things one step at a time.

Very best of luck with your outcome.
    Last edited by RaspberryRipple; 11-11-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Just to update, I have been accepted for a paper based assessment now.

Congratulations!! I hope it’s sorted fast for you and you get no more stress.

I’m panicking myself, I’ve sent my information in. My psychosis team, carer and psychiatrist have all requested I get a paper based assessment due to a bunch of mental health problems but I don’t trust Atos. They were the cherry in the cake for why I went from being anxious and depressed to hearing voices and being diagnosed with psychosis.

That’s really good to hear.