Thread: Rollators in public spaces?

Rollators in public spaces?

Hi all,

I’ve finally bitten the bullet and have now got a rollator/walker, I’m finding it useful when out and about coz I’m not constantly looking for rest spots.

But I’m ignorant as to what I’m supposed to do with it when going somewhere like the pictures? So I’ve not taken it out with me anywhere like that even though I could’ve used it at times.

What are we supposed to do? In restaurants, cafes, pubs, theatres or cinemas? For example.

Pardon my ignorance, but some of you might know the answers.

Cafes, restaurants and pubs I find a space where I can fold it and stand it at the side of me or the table. Many cinemas and theatres have storage space for them. You will have to enquire at the venue you intend to visit.

Thanks beau,

Hopefully any storage cinemas provide are secure. People keep saying how good my rollator looks as it’s not the standard given by OTs (I got it second hand after very distant relative past away) but I’ve also been warned not to leave it unattended as it might disappear!

I never leave mine unattended over here. When I am abroad on holiday I have left it in car parks, top of steps to the beach, outside shops and outside accommodation and then used 2 sticks to access where I need to go. It has never been touched. I wouldn't trust to leave it anywhere over here as it would walk just for the hell of it.
    I have security marked mine with uv pen from the police.
    I also have a luggage label on it with my address and when I am away always have my accommodation name and the tour operator I am with on the label.

My rollator is quite unique too, I buy my own now so I have a decent choice, weight, colour and folding method. The supplied ones are far too heavy for me to lift with one arm whilst hanging onto something with my other arm. Sometimes needed if there are no drop kerbs.