I have just applied for uc as partner hit state pension age and we are mixed age couple. Before that we jointly claimed esa as he was in support group. My question is will we definitely get help to pay rent as I know his state pension is taken £ for £ of his £168.60 per week as is my carers £66.15. Its the rent I am worried about as that is £79.40 per week.