Thread: esa reassessment no audio recording on weekends

esa reassessment no audio recording on weekends

i i called the assessment center to rearrange my appointment for a saturday or sunday so my friend/carer can come with me, i was told they do not do audio recordings on weekends because they would need extra staff, has anybody ever come across this explanation

Never heard that one before, sounds like bull to me.

I'm pretty sure that any assessor should be capable of putting tapes in a machine and switching it on, it's not as if you need an electrician to do it.
    (Although maybe union demarcation, or health and safety rules might be in play?).

BTW a recent FoI request found that CHDA Currently has 209 pieces of audio equipment across its estate; 33 are CDs and 176 are tape-recording units.
    As they say that they have around 150 assessment centres then there should be at least one for each centre.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

thanks nukecad i will be phoning back tomorrow,and will ask again

My money is on - "We are not allowed to move and plug in the machines, only an electrical technician is allowed to do that and they don't work weekends".
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.