Thread: False Disability Benefit Fraud allegations.

False Disability Benefit Fraud allegations.

An interesting FoI response today about the number of incorrect allegations of benefit fraud for ESA/PIP made in the past 2 years:
    https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...39323.pdf.html

The percentage of allegations of disability benefit fraud investigated that proved to be non-
    fraudulent in 2017 – 2018 was 89%*.

The percentage of allegations of disability benefit investigated that proved to be non-fraudulent
    in 2018 – 2019 was 89%*.
    To put it in plainer language -
    9 out of 10 allegations of disability benefit fraud are found to be false.

Expect to see that in the press shortly. (Well some of the press, the Tory supporting and benefit bashing rags will probably ignore it).

It's obviously a waste of time and money looking at all these false allegations.

It's about time that they started taking details of those making allegations, and prosecuting any malicious or repeat alligators.
    (Yes, Alligator is the correct term for someone making an allegation ).

At the moment they make it very easy to make an anonymous benefit fraud allegation. They even encourage it.
    https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud
    You can make a report anonymously - you do not have to give your name or contact details unless you want to.
    Anyone making a false allegation of any other type of crime can be prosecuted for doing so.
    But they don't follow up benefit fraud alligators even where it's clearly proved that the report was made with malicious intent to cause someone trouble.
    Last edited by nukecad; 11-14-2019 at 05:01 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Follow up FoI regarding the cost of investigating all these false accusations: (No reply as yet).

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...utgoing-965162
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.