Thread: PIP, is there any way to get a true interview?

PIP, is there any way to get a true interview?

Afternoon all,

I'm just in the process of completing my new pip form. I know this will result in an interview with Atos.
    I've had two with them in the past. Both ended up with reports that were complete fiction.

The second time I took someone with me who made notes, but even that didn't get anywhere as the DWP would only go on what the Atos HCP(!) wrote in the report, so I wasted half a day of someone else time for nothing!

I read that the we are due a 'Duty of Care' from the DWP, but how can you ever get this as they aren't interested in anything other than a report that twists the truth and moves comments made in one section of interview to another to 'prove' that the person isn't as ill as they say they are. Also, how can it be a duty of care to stop anyone's benefits for almost a year? What do they expect someone to live on?
    The DWP appear to have given up doing their jobs and seem to think that the tribunal service should do the work for them!

I'm due to see my gp on Friday and hope to get something to say I need a home interview, but I can't see that resulting in anything close to the truth on the report.

Anyone have any good strategy for getting an honest interview, or do I just let them write what they like and just wait to go to tribunal again??

Thanks...

I got a home assessment without requesting one. I did state on the form that I would need to be assessed in a downstairs room that could be accessed without steps. I also stated that even if there was a lift to get upstairs there was no way I could get down the stairs in an emergency if the lifts had to be decommissioned.
    To be honest I don't know if that had a bearing on me getting a home visit due to the location of the assessment rooms.

You never know, you may well get a honest assessor this time. There are some out there. Good luck.
    Last edited by beau; 19-11-19 at 17:25.

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    I got a home assessment without requesting one. I did state on the form that I would need to be assessed in a downstairs room that could be accessed without steps. I also stated that even if there was a lift to get upstairs there was no way I could get down the stairs in an emergency if the lifts had to be decommissioned.
    To be honest I don't know if that had a bearing on me getting a home visit due to the location of the assessment rooms.

You never know, you may well get a honest assessor this time. There are some out there. Good luck.
    Thanks, that's very helpful