Thread: Requesting PiP review extension

Requesting PiP review extension

Does anybody know if there is a quicker number or alternative way to request a PIP review extension? It's a nightmare having to stay on the line using a phone for up to sixty minutes every time you need to get in touch.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by phillius; 09-12-19 at 02:44.

Update: Just requested the extension and was told it had automatically been granted due to a delay in the DWP having an issue with a delay in the forms going out. However, just as I get off the phone to them a letter from the DWP arrives telling me my form is due by the 14th with no extension? The irony is the DWP indicated I ought to be receiving a letter confirming the extension, not one confirming I hadn't got one?
    Last edited by phillius; 09-12-19 at 12:12.

RaspberryRipple
    Hi phillius,
    I had my letter to say I’d been “pipped” (after being on DLA) on 31st July this year.
    I called straight away to start the claim but it took at least a week to get the forms.
    After a fortnight or so after receiving the claim pack, they sent an automatic letter granting a 2 week extension, effectively giving me around 5 weeks in total.

My original deadline was the end of August and it arrived back with DWP 2 days after the original deadline. I was fussy and photocopied everything and sent it via “special next day delivery”,although there is no actual need to do this it meant I could track it online.
    7 weeks after returning my form I hadn’t heard from them. I called to check the progress of my claim and they informed me it would be a paper based assessment.
    4 weeks later I got my final result via phone call after I called them and received the confirmation paperwork a week later.
    I got ER of both components as expected which is the equivalent rate to my current DLA rates.
    The entire process took just under 4 months.

Don’t worry if you haven’t received the 2 week extension letter but I would advise you to return the forms ASAP as any delay will hold up the end result.

Good luck with your claim.

Rasy
    Last edited by RaspberryRipple; 10-12-19 at 15:24.

I spoke to them again today and they reconfirmed the extension and indicated I could have longer if I wished. I told them having to deal with the idiocy from CHDA was making me worse and pointed to the fact that CHDA were going against the instructions of the DWP. Dealing with Pip and ESA at the same time is a bit too much, even though one has a bearing on the other, given the current circumstances.