Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What's going on with this site!!

Might I suggest that members do not click on obvious spam threads. When I come on the site they appear to have been viewed several times.

Reply: What's going on with this site!!

Quote Originally Posted by freedomeagle View Post
    Hi all
    I was a member of the original site many moons ago and stayed with it i think the twice it changed, everytime i come on here now there are a load of posts that are in different languages or offering things that are nothing to do with benefits!
    My pip review is due in 2020, got the sse payment through so i must have got in in time for it. Health as expected just keeps getting worse. So if any of you want to write just about what's with them or about actual benefit stuff using this thread then please feel free.
    Final note just want to Wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
    Happy New Year to you too.

Quote Originally Posted by sea queen View Post
    To be honest if admin can't be bothered to remove it I just can't be bothered to visit the site.
    I agree and feel the same way. It would seem most others feel the same way too as there appears to be no traffic other than spam and us moaning about it.

I shall check in once a week or so throughout January and if there is no improvement I won't bother coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornwall View Post
    It's a shame there doesn't seem to be a report button for individual spam members as this way a report and delete all of their spam posts in one go wold be ideal.
    Deleting all of a spammers posts at once can be done by a moderator (one who knows what they are doing), it's easy and takes seconds.
    Which is why it's frustrating that it isn't being done here.

Obviously though you can't have members deleting one anothers posts - even if the 'another' is a spammer.
    (There is a setting/add-on for VB which will 'hide' a reported post until a mod can approve or delete it. Again though that can be abused by members who fall out with each other and start reporting/hiding each others posts, I've seen it done).

PS. On one of the forums I mod we had a spam attack even worse than the current one here a few Christmases ago, 2016.
    Spam always gets heavier when schools/colleges are on holiday, particularly at Christmas.
    At one point I monitored 150 new registrations there in 3 hours, every one a spammer.
    In the end admin turned off new registrations until the middle of January when they were back at school/college.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

usually on other forums I've been on you have to make so many posts before being able to add links I know this does not stop them because they would just post without a link until the links start working but the idea was that the new users accounts were watched for spam posts & got rid of them before being able to post links which is a big help because I worry that people are clicking the links & goodness knows what that opens up!

It would not work here because there is no one watching the board so would not see the new users posts before the links kick in unless it was a high number of posts before links kicked in

RaspberryRipple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    I agree and feel the same way. It would seem most others feel the same way too as there appears to be no traffic other than spam and us moaning about it.

I shall check in once a week or so throughout January and if there is no improvement I won't bother coming back.
    Here, here! I feel the exact same. Enough’ s enough and it’s now gone way too far.

I came to visit this morning and found 62 new threads 59 were spam! I have now concluded that youreable.com is now functionally dead!

Had I been searching for help with benefits or housing or had I been struggling with a new disability I’d have moved on elsewhere thinking that all this forum could offer me was spam

I have enjoyed contributing to youreable and in particular have found people who have a mine of valuable knowledge, and fear that some have already been driven away. If anyone is reading this and about to vanish may I say thank you and good luck, I would like to think you will continue to help people with your knowledge as we may never communicate again.

I hope 2020 is less stressful for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Archersmate View Post
    I came to visit this morning and found 62 new threads 59 were spam! I have now concluded that youreable.com is now functionally dead!

Had I been searching for help with benefits or housing or had I been struggling with a new disability I’d have moved on elsewhere thinking that all this forum could offer me was spam

I have enjoyed contributing to youreable and in particular have found people who have a mine of valuable knowledge, and fear that some have already been driven away. If anyone is reading this and about to vanish may I say thank you and good luck, I would like to think you will continue to help people with your knowledge as we may never communicate again.

I hope 2020 is less stressful for all.
    I have also found spam threads but With 50% ratio, I also got beneficial threads.
    Last edited by Albert; 01-01-20 at 12:59.

How lovely to see the site spam free. Well done moderator.

Remarkable difference.