Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What's going on with this site!!

Maybe if we started reporting every single one they will have hundreds of reported posts to wade through.....they might feel as fed up as us then

Each spam I see I just report it. I have also sent an email regarding the spam with a few suggestions.

I've just done the first page of this section on to the next....

Quote Originally Posted by StarBright View Post
    Maybe if we started reporting every single one they will have hundreds of reported posts to wade through.....they might feel as fed up as us then
    I personally believe that all reports are ignored.

Probably right to a degree, doing this will fill there space that they have for reports right up just as the forums fill right up with spam for us.

Just my little happy new year present to them

I personally think this site will close, they are not looking after it anymore which means not so many people come here because of the spam they then see it as oh well we will close it

I wouldn't report the obvious new spam threads, at 30 seconds a report it just takes too long to do the obvious ones.
    But I do still report spam tacked onto the end of an existing thread.

Whether or not they are being read is a question we have raised before.
    The forums I moderate I get a notification if someone has reported something (I've set them to email me as well).
    But I recently found a setting in vBulletin that if set in a certain way by the Admin will not send notifications of reports to anyone.
    https://www.youreable.com/forums/sho...l=1#post165290

So unless a moderator logs into the special moderator control panel, and clicks on the option to Moderate Threads or Moderate Posts they may not even know that the reports are there.
    I still report them for use if a knowledgeable mod comes along in future and decides to have a clean up.

I'm not sure if whoever is moderating here even knows about using the Moderators Control Panel, they may just be using the in-line (in-forum) moderation options.

I'd attach a screenshot of the vB Mods CP, but I know it would get moderated so no one could see it until it was approved by a moderator, which can be done in-line, and as we don't seem to have one at the moment.......
    Last edited by nukecad; 29-12-19 at 13:29.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I enjoyed doing that I found it cathartic

I regularly report spammers, but it falls on deaf ears - nothing is ever done about it that I can see.

On a different note, I'm glad all that festive crap is over - well for at least six months anyway . . .

I can't be bothered to report the spammers.
    To be honest if admin can't be bothered to remove it I just can't be bothered to visit the site.
    Sea Queen

It's a shame there doesn't seem to be a report button for individual spam members as this way a report and delete all of their spam posts in one go wold be ideal.