Thread: Confused and a little angry

Confused and a little angry

Not really a request for help, but more of a moan......just had an ESA50 arrive only 18 months after the last one went back. I'm confused to get another so soon when last time I was approved on paper only and the same the time before which was 5 years previously. I'm also angry at them dumping this on me right before Christmas! Thanks a lot DWP for ruining it for me.

That's why I keep mine on computer.
    https://assets.publishing.service.go...stionnaire.pdf

Unless there is something new then it's just a case of printing it off and stuffing it in an envelope.
    10 minutes and job done.

They do change the ESA50 now and again, they changed it last month to comply with GDPR, but you can still use the old one - or copy/paste into the new version.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I do have copies of everything on computer from last time which I can use, so I'm hoping that logically, as it went well last time I should get the same result again. Just surprised to have another so soon and at this time of year. Took me completely by surprise this morning, but I've calmed down a bit now.

Usually once you have found the wording that works it will work again next time.

But I do know what you mean about the timing.

I was 'medically discharged' from work on the 1'st of January so claimed ESA then so reassessment notices come in December or January.
    I just treat it as a coincidence of timing.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I'm sure that's all it is - just doesn't feel like it

My husband rang the psychiatrist's secretary for me this morning to ask for a supporting letter. Apparently they have been inundated with requests for supporting letters for ESA reviews over the last couple of weeks so it may take up to 2 months before it's ready. Obviously my ESA50 is due back long before then so I'm thinking I should include all my previous supporting letters for now with a note explaining the situation and saying I'll send the psychiatrist's letter as soon as I have it. Do you think that will suffice?

Hello noisynoddle

Sorry to hear of your most unwanted ESA50 arriving, so unexpectedly, I can totally understand your shock and frustration.

I'm no expert with these things, but given your situation I'd send my previous Psychiatrist's letters plus a note to say you are awaiting the arrival of an up to date supporting letter, which you will forward as soon as you receive it.

Good luck.

Thanks for the good wishes buble48 - I shall do as you suggest. Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!

Well I didn't want it hanging over me at Christmas so I've sent it back today. Hopefully, it will be with them by Monday. Now the waiting begins....

Quote Originally Posted by noisynoodle View Post
    Not really a request for help, but more of a moan......just had an ESA50 arrive only 18 months after the last one went back. I'm confused to get another so soon when last time I was approved on paper only and the same the time before which was 5 years previously. I'm also angry at them dumping this on me right before Christmas! Thanks a lot DWP for ruining it for me.
    I think your 5 year gap was incredibly lucky, thats not the norm, ESA has a maximum prognosis of 3 years. This has perhaps raised your expectations too high.

On average I have an assessment every 12-18 months, I only once had a 3 year prognosis on ESA.

Well its normally longer then that as the f2f usually takes ages to be arranged (due to them delaying after recording request), but my average time from decision to new ESA50 is 12-18 months.

I have also never managed to get a paper only assessment on ESA.

I posted here last year that I have observed since Maximus took over, prognosis times seem to be significantly shorter on average. It may well be related to that.
    Last edited by worried33; 19-12-19 at 08:22.