Thread: Is it worth asking for a Mandatory Review....

Is it worth asking for a Mandatory Review....

My PIP awards have finally come. I have been awarded enhanced care with standard mobility. Under DLA, I had low care with high rate mobility. It seems I missed out by 2points for the enhanced mobility under Pip. I now lose my blue badge and have no chance of getting a scooter on the the future. The Pip awards are "on going"( what ever that means)
    Has anyone been successful at the mandatory as I really don't think I could cope with the stress of a tribunal.......

On going means no review for at least 10 years.

If you have been given mobility for distance you can walk then yes you still have your blue badge so no worries in that dept.
    Obviously you can appeal the decision but as you know they will look at the whole award again.
    What do you disagree on regarding the points awarded? Have you seen the assessors report and is it accurate?

Yes I have seen the assessor report..... And I don't agree on at least 3things
    Planning a journey, I have a short term memory prob .(proof sent)
    He said I declined Physical, I didn't. He said he would not ask me to do as he didn't want to cause me more pain.
    I have photophobia and my prescription lenses were classed as "sunglasses"
    Last edited by izzy; 15-12-19 at 09:58.

Under DLA I had middle rate care and higher rate mobility and after assessment for PIP I had higher rate care and lower rate mobility with 10 points.

My understanding is you automatic qualify for the Blue Badge with 8 points mobility.

Whether MR is worth it is down to how you feel for instance if you feel you’ve been cheated then asked for MR. If you intend to appeal as I had to then MR is the first stage of that process and if you don’t try to convince them they got it wrong by going for MR then you can’t go for appeal later.

In my case a year and a half ago they completely ignore me at MR but every note I sent the DWP pleading to them was passed onto the appeals court so does help your case even if the DWP come the old “our assessors are professional and we say there right” as they did in my case.

Went to court, DWP did not bother turn up and 20 minutes to explain my walking problems had the court award me “on going” for 10 years with 12 points higher rate.
    Wish you luck at MR.