Thread: What to do when you think it's the end of your world?

What to do when you think it's the end, your at the end of your tether.

I'm really in a state with no perceivable way out. I'm struggling financially with debt and have a number of debilitating incurable illnesses. I'm stuck in a loop with CHDA, though submitted my complaint last night. I can't get the psychological help I need and I was attacked after a disagreement with my step son last night about his attitude for slamming things around. I think he has anger issues and may be borderline schizophrenic. Life keeps going from bad to worse. I'm so depressed. The incident last night got out of control. He is at a bad point in his life and I do feel for him. He does however have real issues. Sometimes I hear him arguing or being aggressive in an empty room. I just think the incident from last night has just upset me in addition to everything else. I did try to speak to him later with limited success but he doesn't want to live with us and he is also so disappointed with the way life is treating him. For me it's upsetting to have had you stepsons hands near your throat telling me he intends to f*** me up etc.
    Such a difficult time at the moment. Kind of at a loss as to what to do?
    Last edited by phillius; 16-12-19 at 19:54.

I don't know what to say to help, maybe just answering will encourage someone who can help better than I can.

That does not sound like a good situation and I think that you need to change things.

You have to look after yourself, and if you feel threatened then you have to do something to stop that.
    I'm sure you know what I mean, if you feel physically threatened then three nines.
    And yes we know that can have consequences, but you own safety has to be your priority.

I know that this may sound old school, but have you though of ringing the Samaritians and just talking to someone?
    You don't have to be feeling desperate, just have a talk.
    Their way of working is not to interfere but just to listen to you, it's surprising how just talking to someone can help.

You have already started that by sharing your concerns here, and you can do the same there.

You can ring Samaritians on 116 123
    If you can't face talking to someone then they have an online chat: https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-ca...n/chat-online/
    Or you could just send an email: jo@samaritans.org

OK, you probably feel that's a bit too far, but think about it.
    Last edited by nukecad; 16-12-19 at 20:47.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thank you nukecad. I think the online chat link you have provided will help. at least I hope it does.

I agree with what Nukes said .I'll add my 5 bobs worth.Ring Step Change debt charity.Hopefully they will be able to put you onto a payment plan that you will be afford.
    I know they helped my friend when she was up to her eyes in debt and couldn't see a way out.It took nearly 20 years but she is now debt free.

Is it just you and stepson? Where is his dad is this scenario? He may well have problems and needs referring to mental health services.