Thread: So the government want to help disabled people into work

So the government want to help disabled people into work

How will this unfold. Wheelchair user, needs accessible building and help with personal care maybe a scribe? Will they provide a PA -if the disabled person manages to find employment in an accessible place?
    Does anyone actually KNOW how the government proposes to assist people in this - how much would a PA cost? Will this make money paid out to the person with disabilities MORE than before they found work.
    Or are they talking people with disabilities who are able to do work independantly?
    I can't get my head around how cost effective this is going to be - they are after all trying to claw back in money
    Sea Queen

Hi Sea Queen.

If a disabled person is suitable for a job but needs additional support then that person must 'self refer' to JobcentrePlus 'Access to Work' team - the Governments best kept secret!!

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/newsroom/press...wp122-12.shtml

https://www.gov.uk/access-to-work
    Last edited by Lighttouch; 30-12-12 at 17:48.

It works too.

They helped me to stay employed as an engineer, and my friend who is in a wheelchair also.
    I advised my employers on how to create an accessible workplace during refurbishment works a few years ago.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

That sounds pretty good. Why then are they taking money off the disabled to give it back in these programmes if it's ALL about them reaping money back in? Surely it will cost just as much if not more for them to do this.
    Don't get me wrong I am not saying disabled people should just stay at home and get benefits, but why all this up heaval in a bid to so called get money back in by changing the system of payments. Think my head must be fuzzed
    Sea Queen