Thread: Working while on pip

Working while on pip

Hi all I’ve within the last few years been on pip. After my friend of 30 years passed away with cancer. That was on top of dealing with a police investigation into the residential school for children with emotional and special needs. Was being investigated. For historical mental physical and sexual abuse. I was only 10yo boy when kicked and punched across the floor. That was by two social workers. who said they were going to teach me a lesson. There was loads of abuse that took place there. That ranged from. Mental physical and sexual abuse. I was also dealing with my friend ( of 30 years ) who was also dying with cancer. I had the police on my door on the Monday. Informing me that no formal action was taking place with respect to the abuse case. ( That was some 30-35 years ago ) Now as all staff members had died. Then on the Thursday of that same week my friend also passed away. Also in the same week. Now I’m not wanting to upset my claim for pip. But I’m unsure as to weather or not I can do any work. While claiming pip. Or even set up a business. Is anyone able to advise me on this.

Yes you can work and claim PIP - many people on PIP work full time. The only way there'd be any risk to your PIP award would be if the work you did in any way contradicted what you said on your PIP application.