Thread: Can applying to Upper Tribunal Judge award PIP award?

Can applying to Upper Tribunal Judge award PIP award?

Does anyone know if the district judge (who decides if a new hearing is to take place regarding PIP appeal) can override this and award PIP to an appellant?

Yes they can.

But it is more usual for them to direct that the First Tier decision is struck-out because of errors in law, and that a new First Tier Tribunal is held with a different panel and judge.

They will often add some further instructions as to how the new FTT should look at certain aspects of the case to avoid the same error(s) being made again.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Similar Threads

1. tribunal judge has asked for my medical records
    By davy in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14-05-18, 14:42
  2. Upper Tribunal Ruling on PIP Mobility
    By noisynoodle in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-02-17, 18:47
  3. PIP engaging with others. Upper tribunal decision.
    By carl30 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16-05-15, 09:11
  4. Can PIP Decision over rule judge
    By james1960 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-05-15, 15:57
  5. The role of a Tribunal Judge...
    By googlybear in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-05-13, 13:47