Thread: Awarded pip standard daily living

Awarded pip standard daily living

Hi my partner claims esa for us as a couple he is in the support group, he has just been awarded pip daily living standard rate, do I claim carers allowance for him, or does he get the severe disability premium, we have 2 children aged 15 and 17 we get child tax credit for them both our, 17 year old is still in full time education, Thankyou for any advice you can give us.

Unless you have DLA/PIP yourself then he will not qualify for SDP (Because he is not 'classed as living alone').

You can claim CA for looking after him, it won't be paid as CA but an additional Carer Premium will be added to his ESA.
    It's explained here:
    http://www.welfarerights.net/benefit...rers-Allowance
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thankyou so much that has really helped me understand, and thank you for letting me join yourable I appreciate it.

Also do I have to apply for the premium or will it automatically go on our esa, thank you

The premium is added automatically.

Hi sorry to bother you again, I went and claimed carers allowance online as I thougt that is what I was supposed to do i did it before I asked for your advice, we have had our esa paid this week but no carers premium had been added as of yet, have I messed it up by trying to claim carers allowance, thank you

Do you think I need to call esa or did I do right in claiming carers allowance sorry I'm panicking now.

Give them a ring to put your mind at rest

It will be much too early yet for CA to have been awarded, and then the premium added to his ESA.

You need to give a couple of weeks at least after you have made the claim for CA.

But as barbiejane says, give the CA people a ring if you want to put your mind at rest about your application for CA.
    Don't ring ESA about it yet, they won't know anything about it yet and so the call will only get confusing.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thank you for your advice