Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ESA Re Assessment

ESA Re Assessment

I was re-assessed in 2018 with a unlikely to return to work within 2 years, into the Support Group.

The report was compiled on 13th January 2018.

By my calculations I assumed I would have received a new ESA 50 to complete and return by now.

Who would I contact to see whether one was due and would it activate a re assessment if it was not due?

Regards

My advice would be to leave well alone and just wait.

I also would be to leave well alone and just wait.regards palmer

Same here due a esa form as well was getting all prepared before Christmas got a supporting letter from my doctor so can I ask So the information on the doctors letter how long does that last in terms of getting another letter does the information need to last 6 months or shorter

Quote Originally Posted by robbie66 View Post
    Same here due a esa form as well was getting all prepared before Christmas got a supporting letter from my doctor so can I ask So the information on the doctors letter how long does that last in terms of getting another letter does the information need to last 6 months or shorter
    It depends on what the letter says. I have a letter from a few years ago that confirms my condition is "enduring and will remain for the rest of her life" so I think that always remains relevant.

I wouldnt ask the DWP, it brings attention to you.

On another site someone suggested you ring Maximus instead, because Maximus are very unlikely to trigger a WCA, since they are not the DWP, and they could at least tell you if you have been referred or not.

I can understand the concern though, because if you do miss a letter regarding an ESA50 or F2F appointment, they can stop your benefit, and these are much harder to overturn than WCA FFW decisions.

Now I would ring the ESA enquiry line and ask for my 'Prognosis date', when your reassessment is due, which is on your file (If the phone jockey can find it).

The phone jockey can't change it, they can only tell you what it is.

Although we haven't see anything 'official' yet we are seeing increasing reports of expected ESA50s and UC50s for reassessments not being sent, which makes some of us think that they may be deferring them again.
    They did the same just before they put the blanket deferral on all routine reassessments in 2014, and it's obvious from the published statistics that the DWP (not the assessors this time) is getting backlogged on dealing with WCA decisions.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Yeah but I would only do that right after getting a decision not around the time I am expecting a new WCA, whilst a phone jockey doesnt have the ability to refer people, who knows if they have automated systems in regards to if someone has queried their account, or if phone jockeys might be instructed to tick boxes or something else in response to a claiming making contact, probably not but some of us are paranoid.

Also nukecad where are these reports, do you work for an entity that gets these, or is it some other forum where I can have a look at? thanks.

Generally I only check rightsnet (advisor to advisor site), and benefitsandwork.

Quote Originally Posted by worried33 View Post
    where are these reports, do you work for an entity that gets these, or is it some other forum where I can have a look at?
    There have been a few on here, and some on other disablility/benefit forums, they don't always have their own threads and may be just a 'and another thing I was expecting.....'.
    Not a great many I'll grant you, which is why I only said "some of us think", but it is indicative of something going on.
    There may be others wondering why they have not got an ESA50 yet who just don't post on fora, or don't think it worth posting about.

It's not an issue that would normally get mentioned on rightsnet, unless/until something 'official' gets announced.
    The professional advisors who use that forum would just take it in their stride. (and/or ring for their clients prognosis date).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I had the opposite - got one I wasn't really expecting right before Christmas Sounds like I may be in for a long wait.