Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESA brown envelope time

ESA brown envelope time

Hello Everyone

Just to warn anyone, who like me, suffers anxiety at the sight of a DWP brown envelope coming through the letterbox.

I have recently received a letter informing me of ESA rates payable this year.

This is sent yearly and is not to be confused (as it is easily done) with any other type of DWP ESA letter you may be expecting/dreading through your letterbox.

It seems a bit early for the anual 'uprating' letter but fair enough.

(As far as I knew next years rates were still only proposed and not finalised yet - but I've never know them to change from the proposal and if the DWP are now sending out letters that would seem to be finalised).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Yes, they're sending out letters. Got mine this morning. Dated Jan 15th. £3 pw rise applicable from April 10th

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    It seems a bit early for the anual 'uprating' letter but fair enough.

(As far as I knew next years rates were still only proposed and not finalised yet - but I've never know them to change from the proposal and if the DWP are now sending out letters that would seem to be finalised).
    I got a brown envelope the other day. It was re. ESA, saying the (unchanged) amount I get from 14th January until 6th April. So there will be an uprating letter in April, I suppose, when the new rates are finalised.

Hi, Yep, they certainly are sending out uprating letters earlier and earlier it seems! Received ours yesterday, informing us we are to see a 'annual uprating' of £2.55 for my wife and I (i am on ESA SG and my wife on same claim but is my carer receiving CA).

I know the figures are out there, but I wonder how much worse off (as is always the case) each group of claimants are/will be & what it would, in actual cash terms, take for each group to be on a level prior to freeze & also prior to Tory/Libdeb govt circa 2009/10?!

Morning all.We don't dread the brown envelopes so much now as my husband is a OAP now and gets state pension.But saying that his 3year PIP award runs out next year so i'm sure at some point a brown envelope will arrive.My PIP has another 9 years to run before assessment time.The one we don't like is the white one from the council with the Council Tax bill inside.

barbiejane,

If he is above state pension age then he will automatically be given a new 'Ongoing' award of PIP at his current levels - No new assessment needed.

Ongoing PIP awards have no end date, just a 10 yearly 'light touch' review.

You will get a letter about it 30 days before his next assessment was due to be triggered, so that's one less thing to worry about.

You can see an example of the letter here:
    https://www.youreable.com/forums/sho...hlight=ongoing

Just got mine going up £3.30 from 7th of April.

I guess this is the uprating letter the NHSBSA wanted, I'm not sending them a photo of this I'm hanging on for the CRT to get back to me hopefully they are sorting it out their end

Quote Originally Posted by StarBright View Post
    Just got mine going up £3.30 from 7th of April.

I guess this is the uprating letter the NHSBSA wanted, I'm not sending them a photo of this I'm hanging on for the CRT to get back to me hopefully they are sorting it out their end
    Good shout not to send it.

If you do send them that then they will turn round and say that you only qualify from 7th April 2020, which is of course nonsense but the way they are messing about they will try it just to confuse things even more.

YAY!

I got it right!

I hadn't thought about the start date I was thinking two reason's not to send it first is on one of the pages it say's from 7th of April 2020 to Nov 2020 (no idea what that is about) & thought they could say after Nov 2020 I need to pay prescriptions again And secondly it's still not an IR ESA Award letter which is what they want the holy grail still goes on with that one.....