Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Universal Credit: Inside the Welfare State

Quote Originally Posted by reddivine View Post
    Untrue. I saw him being interviewed. The staff there did their best and he gets emergency accom - but had to wait 3 days for it, Then he has roof over his head but has to wait for UC for 6 days. No electric, no furniture, no food. He says to camera, I may have to nick it......
    We are just going thru the awfull process ourselves and watched it - it is pretty true to life.
    When they advertised it they showed several clips, the one I saw was a different chap, that now was asking for a disabled lady in a wheelchair outside that had not eaten. Good luck with your move, hope it goes ok. I think many just want some peace with years of hounding us all like criminals.

What was interesting is the job centre's are laying staff off and converging departments, cutbacks I thought they'd be hiring extra staff to deal with the migration not laying them off. Its funny on my last visit I said to the staff it will be you sitting this side eventually.

Most people who work in the jobcenter will be on UC themselves, many already are.

The DWP are having to put special measures in place so their co-workers don't have access to their personal details.
    Someyhing else the government never thought about.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

That's true Nukead, I think a lot of people have underestimated that it will enter their lives regardless.

Just catching up with last night's episode on iplayer, well the money they've spent on trying to setting it up is colossal amount of money. Then there is this group telling the universal credit people they're not happy with the length of time it's taking and the overspending can't carry on. I felt sorry for the girl on zero hours, and got injured and then had very little to live off because of how its set up to adjust wages but doesn't help if you go sick on zero hours.