Thread: Help to find advice on purchasing a new Induction Loop.

Help to find advice on purchasing a new Induction Loop.

Due to Army service I have no hearing in my left ear and very reduced hearing in my right ear so when so many programs are to tight fisted to input subtitles I had an Induction Loop to rely on. It was made up of a cushion with wiring inside it that hung on the back of my chair and from which a cable ran to the back of the TV where it connected via a Scart plug. All I had to do to bring sound from the TV directly into my ear was to switch my hearing aid to T.
    Due to the compulsion of TV manufacturers to make TVs more and more complex there are now no TVs constructed with Scart connections as they now use HDMI plugs and sockets and of course the Induction Loop equipment is much more expensive than my old equipment which will not connect to the HDMI plugs or sockets even through the so called converter boxes that claim to do that job.
    The large company where I bought the new TV from was as much use as the manufacturer when I asked them for advice on setting up the new TV with an Induction Loop and I will not name either for fear of them taking legal action.
    I know that I need to buy a Digital Induction Loop but I have no idea which one and I am not very technical so I have no idea how to set a new one up so I have a question.
    Does anyone know of a company or an organisation in the Oxford area that I could use to resolve my problem?

Right, obviously the wrong Forum so could anyone suggest a forum that might help. Many thanks

I thought dlfteam had already posted that link when you first asked? (I remember seeing it, but it must have gone missing for some reason).

I also found your thread/question on avforum - which didn't seem particulary helpful, but did you try the few suggestions that were such as HFH?

Another organisation who may be able to help is Remap, they will do customised solutions if there is nothing available off-the-shelf.
    So if you can't buy one they will endeavour to make it for you:
    https://www.remap.org.uk/can-we-help-you/
    Last edited by nukecad; 07-02-20 at 20:37.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Good morning BML
    Have you tried an HDMI to SCART converter? They are available for a little over £10 and although some reviewers complain of the picture quality they say the sound gets through, which is what you need. I don't want to post links but you can see examples on Amazon such as "OLRIKE 1080P HDMI to SCART Converter HDMI Input and SCART Output" for example, there are several.

Just be careful that it comes with a power supply, or that you have a power supply that you can use.
    Best wishes

Help with a new Induction Loop.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    I thought dlfteam had already posted that link when you first asked? (I remember seeing it, but it must have gone missing for some reason).

I also found your thread/question on avforum - which didn't seem particulary helpful, but did you try the few suggestions that were such as HFH?

Another organisation who may be able to help is Remap, they will do customised solutions if there is nothing available off-the-shelf.
    So if you can't buy one they will endeavour to make it for you:
    https://www.remap.org.uk/can-we-help-you/
    Many thanks for your advice which I have used by sending of questions to Remap and DAT. Regarding the last post on this thread I have to say that I have tried four different Converters and found none that work. I will keep you informed on my questions above and many thanks.