Thread: Anyone up for a free coffee to chat about obstacles faced when finding a job?

Anyone up for a free coffee to chat about obstacles faced when finding a job?

Hello! I'm an ally of people of determination and I'm working to increase the employment prospects of people with fluctuating conditions (conditions triggered by environmental/internal stressors). For this, I'm working with RIDI, an organisation that helps close the UK disability employment gap. Currently, we as RIDI representatives are looking to have a short, comfortable chat in a London café with people experience fluctuating conditions to better understand the challenges faced when entering the workforce. The coffee will be on us and you could go home with an Amazon voucher! Alternatively, we could also go on a Skype call if you prefer.

In case you're curious, fluctuating conditions include learning disabilities, diabetes, mental health conditions, autoimmune diseases, depression, anxiety, etc.

Step 1: complete the short survey using this link: https://survey.sogosurvey.com/r/DYAh0r . You could win a voucher!
    Step 2: if you would like to participate in an interview for a free coffee, please do enter your email/other contact details in the survey itself. We will contact you soon after.

We look forward to meeting you and helping to make employment more accessible! Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Thank you for your time and have a lovely day!

DWP/Government spam?

I'm having trouble finding where RIDI gets it's funding from.
    It seems mostly to be the governments 'Disability Confident'.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    DWP/Government spam?

I'm having trouble finding where RIDI gets it's funding from.
    It seems mostly to be the governments 'Disability Confident'.
    Hi! RIDI is an NGO, a volunteer initiative that receives funding from donors. RIDI partners with multiple organisations to spearhead employment inclusivity. You can read more about them here: https://ridi.org.uk/about-us/#

Some of the partners include The Clear Company, Lloyd's, DWF and Guidant Global.

Do let me know if you have further questions and I'll be happy to answer them for you! We look forward to your survey response and to making employment more accessible.

Kind regards

Quote Originally Posted by DIVM68 View Post
    Hi! RIDI is an NGO, a volunteer initiative that receives funding from donors.
    Would you care to reveal who were your 3 major donors last year?
    ie. Just where the majority of your working funds are sourced from.

I had already found your webpages and a list of 'partners', but no information of where your funding is coming from.

The page you link above shows your partners, who are mainly recruiters, however sponsor information seems to be lacking.

There is also this page showing your RIDI 100 members: https://ridi.org.uk/ridi-100-members/#
    Again all recruiters/agencys, I do note that they have an anual membership fee.

To quote from another of your pages:
    https://ridi.org.uk/get-involved/#
    The UK government aims to get over one million disabled people into work by 2020 in order to halve the gap. The government’s Disability Confident scheme is one of a number of measures it is taking to try and halve the disability employment gap.

RIDI wants to help every recruiter and employer in the UK to hire at least one disabled person, which will completely fill the disability employment gap.

To achieve this, RIDI’s One In A Million campaign began with a debate at the House of Commons in Spring 2016.
    To me at least, that reads as part of this governments ongoing drive to push those who can't work for health reasons off benefits - using a NGO 'front' to try to avoid accusations of unfair treatment of those with disabilities.

From another page on your 'News' section:
    The recruitment sector has a “critical role in helping the government to achieve its target of getting one million more disabled people in work as soon as possible – but by 2027 at the very latest”. That is according to minister for Disabled People, Sarah Newton MP.

The announcement was made at a parliamentary reception at the House of Commons in November 2018, which was hosted by the Recruitment Industry Disability Initiative (RIDI): a not-for-profit organisation which is working to remove the barriers that disabled people face when job hunting.
    Sorry, but I am still sceptical that RIDI is not simply a front for goverment policy, the ties seem too close.
    Last edited by nukecad; 21-02-20 at 07:27.

Quote Originally Posted by DIVM68 View Post
    Do let me know if you have further questions and I'll be happy to answer them for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Would you care to reveal who were your 3 major donors last year?
    ie. Just where the majority of your working funds are sourced from.
    Happy to answer any question except that one then.

It does make you wonder why not, something they don't want to admit perhaps?