Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pip review

Pip review

Review lasted only an hour with the "health professional" appearing cold and disinterested in what I had to say. The HP wouldn't even accept my additional information on the grounds the data wouldn't be safe in their vehicle. I've got tons of information already I was told. The HP was only interested in how far I could bend or if I could stand on my toe which I had to do holding a grab rail to prevent me from injuring myself. The HP said it would help her to make a decision if I at least attempted the functional test.

I'm shocked they sent out what appeared to be a basic health worker to pass a judgement on a seriously complex neurological condition. There wasn't enough discussion or investigation to warrant an assessment? So disappointing.

I'm seriously worried about the competency of the report given the grief and delay I'm going to have taking the decision based on it to pieces should it go against the evidence. My condition isn't even listed in the guide book of health conditions they refer to so how are they able to make a reasoned decision about how it affects me if the HP won't accept the information?

The additional information was important since it illustrated in detail, the problems I and my family were having getting the right treatment and care due to the severity of my conditions.

What I would like to know is what merit can there be in making a decision based on a report from a HP that hasn't considered all the facts? Especially if the decision goes against you? Is it worth mentioning that extra evidence was offered and refused by the HP to the DM when it is sent to DWP? Thank you for any considerations.
    Last edited by phillius; 23-02-20 at 03:10.

What's all this standing on your toes all about anyway? I ended up balancing on my left toe, hanging on to a grab rail for dear life due to a balance disorder.I cannot weight bear using the other foot because of a physical deformity that prevents placing all my body weight on it. It was ridiculous.
    Similarly what is the point of asking if you have a mobile phone with internet messenger? Messenger isn't classed as engaging face to face? If the HP's comment is related to Engaging with other people, The CAB website states: " This question is to do with face to face contact, so it doesn't matter if you use your phone to text people".
    Last edited by phillius; 23-02-20 at 03:08.

Quote Originally Posted by phillius View Post
    What's all this standing on your toes all about anyway?
    You answered it nicely yourself, it's checking both balance and lower limb strength in one go.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Another thing that struck me as strange was why driving lessons some thirty odd years ago was relevant, despite failing my test?
    Last edited by phillius; 23-02-20 at 09:09.

I have severe balance issues too and I wasn't asked to stand on my tiptoes or even asked to stand at all. I wonder if the assessor made that one up?

Quote Originally Posted by phillius View Post
    It seems I've got one good leg but no balance. About as useful as a chocolate fireguard.
    Another thing that struck me as strange was why driving lessons some thirty odd years ago was relevant, despite failing my test?
    I suspect the assassin will claim as you could drive a car you have good coordination whilst neglecting to say it was 30 years ago.
    Give it a couple of days and then ring up for the report, the report is meant to be uploaded to the dwp within 48 hours.

For one I'll be relying on the HP to tell the truth about me not having a good time of this and two, if she doesn't she'll have to explain how it is I have been able to describe a condition I've suffered, accurately for the last twelve years before it was officially recognised and categorised as a disease. In addition, this evidence of this has been in the possession of the DWP for the entire period which they've had no trouble accepting..
    Last edited by phillius; 23-02-20 at 21:51.

@Cornwall. What about the additional information she refused to accept. Hopefully submitting that shouldn't be a problem.

Will the DWP provide a copy before giving me a decision on the report.? The HP said a decision will take six to eight weeks.
    Last edited by phillius; 23-02-20 at 09:41.

Yes PIP you can have a copy as soon as on the system, ESA is different I believe. Ring and ask for the assessment report and if you have not been given the required points then ask to speak to a case manager and explain about the extra info not being accepted and where do you send it for consideration.

So this process is such that, presumably, the extra information gets submitted prior to a decision by the DM. A copy of the HP is sent out regardless and any further disagreement or challenge is placed on hold until a decision is made unless I've aquired enough points? Either way a decision from the HP will have been made despite everybody, including herself not having received all the information? Sounds crazy.
    Last edited by phillius; 23-02-20 at 14:11.