Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday Nukecad

Happy Birthday Nukecad

Hope you are having a great day & get some pub time in

Cheers,

I'm on my third pint now, and have another 7 paid on.
    Maybe not a good idea to have them all today.

On a more poingent note this afternoon I watched them knocking down the front of the pub where I lived for 10 years.
    I now live on the other side of the town square so had a good view.
    Not much left now but a pile of rubble.
    There again it was a three hundred years older than me.

New arrival, I've now got 9 pints paid on.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Whoop!

Popular man & rightly so!

Sad to see the pub knocked down though funny out of all the days they could of done it, they did it on your Birthday

Deploy the sick bucket!

Happy Birthday glad you're enjoying it always sad when you see something from your past go

Just one of those odd coincidences that happen now and again.

The place had been shut for ten years and, along with the two buildings adjoining had become an eyesore.
    They are coming down too.

Conservation area though so lots of hassle to demolish them.

Now the hassle of building something new starts.

Many happy returns of the day Nukecad. Enjoy those pints of "lemonade"

300 years Nuke wasn't it listed or protected not that it means much today. Happy belated treble to you.

Not listed, although the council likes to pretend that the buildings here are when you apply for planning permission.

It's also slightly confusing because there is more than one list, but theNational Heritage list is the one that counts.

It's taken the owner 8 years to get permission to demolish, basically by letting it fall into disrepair and become an eyesore, then claiming it had become dangerous.

All the buildings on the Market Square are a conservation area, which is a different thing from listing.

There is one on the square that is Grade II listed.
    Oddly it isn't the oldest but it is the only one with the date of building, 1662, in the stonework.
    My current home and the property next door, which are 4 buildings away, are older at 1604 on the deeds.

There are another 7 Grade II's further down the street, and interestingly just outside town there is an old red telephone box which is also Grade II.
    Then we have the castle ruins which are a Grade I and a Scheduled Historic Monument.

PS. This is a streetview of the Red Lion which now isn't there anymore, the two buildings to the right are also coming down up as far as the Blue Bell pub.
    Red Lion, Egremont.

Happy birthday Nuke.Have a great day

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Not listed, although the council likes to pretend that the buildings here are when you apply for planning permission.

It's also slightly confusing because there is more than one list, but theNational Heritage list is the one that counts.

It's taken the owner 8 years to get permission to demolish, basically by letting it fall into disrepair and become an eyesore, then claiming it had become dangerous.

All the buildings on the Market Square are a conservation area, which is a different thing from listing.

There is one on the square that is Grade II listed.
    Oddly it isn't the oldest but it is the only one with the date of building, 1662, in the stonework.
    My current home and the property next door, which are 4 buildings away, are older at 1604 on the deeds.

There are another 7 Grade II's further down the street, and interestingly just outside town there is an old red telephone box which is also Grade II.
    Then we have the castle ruins which are a Grade I and a Scheduled Historic Monument.

PS. This is a streetview of the Red Lion which now isn't there anymore, the two buildings to the right are also coming down up as far as the Blue Bell pub.
    Red Lion, Egremont.
    Looks a nice town for a pint not sure why they'd want to knock that down when there's probably far worse areas around. Does that shop next to it say' Witchcraft.?