Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to find a council flat?

Homechoice is a national scheme worried, sometimes you have to think outside the box, I've viewed 5 or 6 over 50s flats in 3 different counties, there are local people who have been on this Homechoice in those areas 10 years waiting for a over 50s flat But for whatever reason there local council won't let them bid on these properties?? So housing associations have turned to the Internet to get tenants for these flats, this doesn't make sense to me but it's very good for me but very unfair for those waiting on Homechoice locally.

If its national how come each authority has its own homechoice registration and website?

are you sure?

I just checked, and it was home choice, which they declined for not meeting criteria. Under appeal.

Are you saying housing register and home choice are two different things?

This is the wording from the councils website, on their apply page, the logo is homechoice.

Find out if you qualify to join the housing register and bid for properties through our choice based lettings scheme.
    So to clarify to you again the issue is not that I am on the list and I cannot bid, it is I cannot get access to bid, I cannot register.
    Last edited by worried33; 11-04-20 at 03:07.

When I say national I mean it's the same system in each area ..what I did find out was the "London overspill"..
    I had a friend living in Minehead Somerset he was 70 he had lived there all his life in a first floor flat about half a mile out of town . He had a hip replacement and needed a ground floor place , he had doctors letters but council said they had nothing they could offer him ..
    I happened to get chatting to a chap there in a park walking his greyhound , I noticed he had a London accent , turns out because he had a 2 bed flat in London under this London overspill project if he gave up his flat there he could go top of the list anywhere in the country (with no local connection) he saw a bungalow in Minehead on homechoice and applied and got it , as I say they just leave you to rot if you go through the proper procedure..

The system isnt the same in every area though, different areas have different eligibility requirements to register.

That guy you talked to, the fact he could see a flat on homechoice meant he was already registered, I am not talking about that, I am talking about the registering process.

Try to access homechoice without logging in.

The guy in the street was special circumstances.