Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Benefits

I had that message when I went to the Ocado site to check everything I needed was in my order for tomorrow, but in reality, what threatened to be a 2-hour wait at the start, was only about 10 minutes.

That's good to know thanks.

Sainsburys are shutting their cafes, fish meat & Pizza counters in all shops so that frees up staff to help fill shelves & more room in their vans, they have nominated a hour at opening for old & disabled people to shop first & are setting up lots more click & collect collection points in their car parks which will be great for many people including self isolating people & giving priority to over 70's & disabled online shoppers giving them priority for the online slots.

No idea how they know you are old or disabled though! they will be contacting those people soon

Morrisons are not allowing you to buy passes now. I never shop for groceries online as I like to see what I am buying but it is a case of needs must at the moment.
    Luckily we are okay for a while.

Just need things like bin liners, dish clothes, as they are things we buy when the last pack is opened. Unfortunately they have had to be opened at the wrong time. Bin liners you can manage without but I change my dishcloth weekly. May need to start putting them in the washer.

My housemate was yesterday sent home from work, not because he's ill but because they found he had high blood pressure and so deemed he was at increased risk.
    (Sellafield, they already have 3 staff members confirmed with C19 and so they are being very careful with the rest).

He's gone home to Glasgow to self-isolate for a month.

I've not tried to do much shopping yet, ESA isn't due till Friday.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Nuke I don't know if you are able to get to the local shops if so search online for which ever supermarkets you have near you because a lot of them are doing an hour a day here & there for old or ill people to get their supplies before everyone else shops so check the exact shops to see what their times & day they are doing that.

Online it's looking like nothing until the start of April at the mo but you just need to keep going round them all

The special hours for those at risk are all early morning, no good for me as my carer doesn't come until 9.30 ish. They ought to offer an hour later in the day too.
    How can they prove anyone is in the at risk group or over 70. Bet it is abused as early morning is when the stock will be on the shelf.

I wouldn't shop for food online,
    I like to see what I'm buying and what I want isn't there then chose something else, not get a strange replacement that someone thinks I might like.

We are not too bad here (yet) being a smaller town.
    Yes there is panic buying going on, but not as much as bigger towns/cities.

Bread and bog rolls are being rationed of course.
    Tip - Bake it yourself bread mixes still seem to be in good supply, most panic buyers are not the type to bake their own bread, they'd rather freeze ready baked.

Remember the 'Make your own foodbank' thread, all good suggestions for what the panic buying freezer generation may be overlooking:
    https://www.youreable.com/forums/sho...onal-Food-Bank

Unfortunately I'd just been running down my small freezer when this hit, but I don't think I'll have that much of a problem filling it again on Friday.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I feel the same about shopping for food online. The only online shopping I have ever done is for laundry detergent, fabric conditioner, Bisto Best. All of which I have been able to get on offer and cheaper than locally and bought in bulk so I haven't had to pay delivery charges and often I have had money off vouchers too.

I have no choice but to food shop online so looking at what you are buying is a luxury I don't have, it's surprising how quickly you get used to it especially when yo are hungry & the cupboards are bare! lol

you can mark everything as no replacement if not in stock if you want to. I can't eat fruit or salad & can only use long life rice milk so although I'm unfortunate to not be able to eat those things I'm guessing that makes things easier getting what I want usually.

I've never had anything that I've allowed subs on that's wildly wrong usually a bigger or smaller size or different brand. If you do get something you don't want you just give them back to the delivery driver & they put the money back on your card.

Quote Originally Posted by StarBright View Post
    If you do get something you don't want you just give them back to the delivery driver & they put the money back on your card.
    That will be impossible now they are only allowed to drop off at your door.