Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Get coronavirus support as an extremely vulnerable person

I should fill it in just in case your arrangements go pear shaped. You never know.

I got the virus four weeks ago. Aching all over, the cough, throat felt like shards of glass when I swallowed, and I could barely breathe. I didn't go to hospital as if the worse happened I wanted to be with my family. I took my rescue pack to ward off any chest infections - two lots - and thankfully, nothing developed. I can say I have never felt so ill in my life! Four weeks on and I'm still short of breath and the cough hasn't completely gone but feel so lucky to be alive. I have many underlying health issues and am in the vulnerable age group and felt had I gone into hospital and been put on a ventilator it would have been the end for me. Now, I'm still waiting to see when/or even if I can get a test to confirm it .....

Thanks Beau,

Jay, I'm so sorry you have been so very ill with Covid 19. I can only imagine how horrible the symptoms are let alone the worry of having it & what could happen. I heard on TV today so that does not mean it's true that it can take up to 4 months for people's body's to recover from it & I quiet believe that because I've done a dance with Pneumonia in the past & it took me 6 months to get to the point of recovery but I was left weaker since then so can only imagine how horrible you are feeling right now.

So very pleased you are over the frightening bit & am cheering you on to recover further & feel more like you x

Quote Originally Posted by StarBright View Post
    Not sure though
    Of course you register on the government website, it only takes minutes.

You may not feel that you need any help just now, I don't and I'm on the register, - but you don't know what will be happening next month, or the month after.

It's better to be on the register and not need any help than to need help but be a low priority because you are not on the register.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks Nuke,

I've done it I wasn't sure as I'm on a low dose of immune suppressants weather to tick that box or tick the GP sent me a letter decided to go with the suppressants & said I'm OK for getting prescriptions & food for now so put that I can always re do it or phone if that changes

One minute 58 seconds that's the fastest phone call I've ever had regarding health!

Someone from the GP's called saying they are calling me because I'm on the vulnerable list & doing a well fair check. Are you getting food & medical supplies?

Yes Sainsburys has picked me us as vulnerable so I'm getting a delivery every week. Medications not so easy because the chemist is not accepting anyone onto their delivery list so have to call the local Covid 19 volunteers. Nothing they can do about that because the GP's & Chemist are not together & are recommending the volunteer group I call, but she did say something interesting after Covid 19 things will probably be done differently & then you will probably be able to get on the list for delivery's from the chemist. Hmm hope so