Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Get coronavirus support as an extremely vulnerable person

Regarding my earlier post https://www.youreable.com/forums/sho...l=1#post171002 This was supplied by Doncaster community hub on behalf of the government for shielded registered people.
    Attachment 2296
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200329_171308.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	213.2 KB 
ID:	2297
    Last edited by joss; 30-03-20 at 10:02.

Sainsbury's online says that they will use this information to give priority delivery slots. I can't imagine how any grocery can access the list. But maybe they will be given access.
    Last edited by Biscuit; 30-03-20 at 17:09.

I've just had a Government email from filling out the support thing on gov website it say's:

Hello,

You registered as clinically extremely vulnerable, but had not received a letter from the NHS to confirm this. We’ll share your details with the NHS.

If the NHS defines you as clinically extremely vulnerable, the NHS will contact you. Your GP will be informed.

If you told us you need help getting food and supplies, but you are not on the clinically extremely vulnerable list, we’ll share your details with supermarkets. They may be able to help.

If you need support urgently, please contact your local authority.

For the latest information, visit https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

GOV.?UK coronavirus support

Thank you for that update. Does show that something is happening by registering.

That's OK,

Yes it does at the time I registered I was OK for food, I've had a struggle since then finding delivery slots Sainsburys had locked me out saying it's dealing with the extremely vulnerable first which is fair enough. Then this morning I tried them again & I have now been let back in & been able to order food I don't know if that was a coincidence or not but very grateful none the less

Not long since had a text saying the same but no text for hubby who has had a letter. I did register my number on his registration as he sticks his head in the sand and will ignore any information.

That's good to know people will get it either text or email

I'm not on social media but a quick google search of #Sainsburys soon shows that most people are locked out of booking delivery's with Sainsbury's still so I now don't think it was a coincidence at all I think the Government has given my details to the supermarkets so one of them can pick me up & I'm so very grateful that I filled in that form even though at the time I didn't need it.

Sainsburys let me have access to the slots hours before I got that email from the Government so they were very quick off the mark for me I just hope all the other hundreds of thousands of sick/disabled people can get food.

Just another idea I saw on social media for people struggling getting food apart from the big supermarkets & people volunteering it's worth a try phoning the small shops in your area if they home deliver as a lot of them have started doing it if they didn't before to help people

Also I think councils or County Councils have help to access food available.

Sainsbury’s withdrew their delivery slots weeks ago from all customers pending the compilation of the extremely vulnerable list supplied by the authorities.

There might be some help available though googling your council and Coronavirus Support Hub.

Good luck and Stay well.